BMW Clothing Availability

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest3075

Re: BMW Clothing Availability

Post by guest3075 »

IMHO the kit is quality, and it's backed up by BMW Warranty, but in many case the service department sell the kit.

Despite me calling ahead when booking my bike in for service and giving my sizes, when I arrived the kit wasn't in the showroom, and typical service mentality said wanted to chat with me first.

I'm 150 miles from the dealer and so I said they would have to wait another 6000 miles before I would consider it.

On a recent visit to Germany, we called in at a BMW dealer in Aachen, and things are so different,  the bike salesmen actually said hello and the clothing department is huge and has most items in most sizes, and non BMW kit  as well.

Fed up with dealing with shirty service staff who don't really care if they sell any clothing, BMW could vastly increase their sales if they had dealers who didn't think of clothing as an afterthought.

beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Different dealers have different attitudes.

Lind Norwich insisted on ordering my size plus one size up and one size down to ensure I did not have a wasted journey.

They were excellent to deal with including the after sales support. The folks who make the Airflow jacket for BMW were obviously going through a purple patch, and my Euro 52 jacket (42" chest) come with a 52" rain jacket, and the other 2 sizes were missing their back protectors. The correct garment was forwarded to my home as soon as it arrived at their premises.
John Bentall
mcbrid

Post by mcbrid »

DaveCly wrote: Haven't you got it the wrong way round Mcbrid!! Should you be doing Italy 🇮🇹 on the RT 😜
Good ride that on a old Lammy! Love the scoots, and the Northern Soul scene, even been thinking about a Scomadi!!
But you welcome to shoot me down! Lol
Absolutely not - you get certainty of arrival with an RT but much more fun with an old Italian shopping trolley. We rebuilt two engines before we even got onto the ferry at Hull last year.

That's 850 miles each way of course plus 200 in the UK.

Scomadis are quite popular now and seem a decent package. Down side is they aren't two stroke!

Sorry for hijacking the forum BTW but thanks for all the feedback.

I hadn't thought about finding a BMW dealer in Germany on the way through but that might be a good option

Last edited by mcbrid on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.