HTC Phone NOT compatible with navigator VI

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

HTC Phone NOT compatible with navigator VI

Post by michaelc2710 »

Well turns out HTC phones will not connect to Navigator VI so i think I better get a new phone.  :(

I know its been asked a million times before but I just don't understand the pro's and con's.

In brief we have a 17 RT that doesn't have audio.
The Mrs & I don't have comms but want to go out get some and we are getting new helmets.

We like the look of the C4 helmet but also the system 7, we dont know what comms are best and I now need a phone to work it all.
Advice on what you are using to tick all my boxes would be great so I can then check out the results.

As always thanks for any help. (life was never this difficult with a Triumph)[size=78%] [/size]
[size=78%] [/size]
guest2360

Re: HTC Phone NOT compatible with navigator VI

Post by guest2360 »

1 Get compatible phone and pair to Nav.
2. Insert micro SD in Nav and load as much music as you want in MP3 format.
3.  Install an Autocom Logic Duo with a BTMO-O2A dongle.
4. Pair Nav to Dongle.
Result is you both get everything , Nav prompts, music , phone and of course talk.
Autocom mutes music when you talk and turns it off during phone calls.
The whole thing is bike powered.
Use any helmet you want.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Or buy the C4 with comms, this can be blue toothed to the Nav V or VI, not sure why both you and the pillion would want Nav. I have a Scala Pactalk, picks up Nav fine, phone paired to the Nav V, so calls come in ok, both units have a radio or if you want music from the Nav, you can share between the two helmets. Nothing is hard wired, one charge lasts all day. Intercom is really good works fine, I can also talk to my wife when she is in the filling station or off the bike. The unit also provides comms between bikes, which I do use when out with mates. I am a blue tooth fan and have been using it for years. Autocom is also a great system, but for me I now like the flexibility of BT over hard wired. RTMan and me will probably never agree on the different systems, except I came from wired and will never go back  8)
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

thanks guys for your opinions.

I do prefer BT than wires (sorry RTman10)
Casbar do you have the C4 helmet with the SC1 advanced [size=2px]comms with the built in radio?[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
[size=2px]The Mrs doesn't want the sav nav (i don't want her to either, it would be bad enough taking the wrong turn wouldn't with her knowing and laughing as well) but she want's the radio and phone[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Sorry casbar,

just been looking at your reply again and you have the Scala Pactalk which has a radio built in according to there website.
What helmets do you and your good lady have?

Cheers
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

michaelc2710 wrote: Sorry casbar,

just been looking at your reply again and you have the Scala Pactalk which has a radio built in according to there website.
What helmets do you and your good lady have?

Cheers

I have two, a Schuberth C3 Pro and a Schoei Neotec, my wife has a Schoei Multitec
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

we have Schoei Neotec and to be honest its 14 months old 3000 miles and cant wait to bin it. it's the noisiest helmet I've ever own. been back to the shop e times with it and they put new visor's and seal's in. The 3rd time they loaned me a new one to try and that wasn't much better.

Please tell me the Schuberth is better.....
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

michaelc2710 wrote: we have Schoei Neotec and to be honest its 14 months old 3000 miles and cant wait to bin it. it's the noisiest helmet I've ever own. been back to the shop e times with it and they put new visor's and seal's in. The 3rd time they loaned me a new one to try and that wasn't much better.

Please tell me the Schuberth is better.....

Yes the Schuberth is much quieter, but its a smaller shell so if you put in blue tooth speakers, you may have to slightly adjust the padding to accommodate the speaker, not an issue now, but took a bit to get the speakers correctly position so my ears didn't hurt. Helmet wise though love the Schubeth its my favourite helmet. I use the Noeotec for social riding and my Schubeth for when I'm on duty (blood biker). I would expect Shoei to bring out a new flip soon, the Neotec has been around for a a while. For comparison, the Schuberth is quiet enough to go without ear plugs (not recommended) but the Neotec is not.
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Its looking like the C4 but we are trying the system 7 on over the weekend.

Thanks for your help