VW WARRANTIES

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Duggie

VW WARRANTIES

Post by Duggie »

I have a 2016 VW caddy van which is still under warranty until 2019, twice now I've tried to claim for replacement parts and both times refused.
The first was for a rear brake disc and calliper which have rusted so badly, I mean badly rusted, the others are still painted with no signs of rust at all.
The second was for a headlamp which mists up when it's rains or been washed, both times I've been fobbed off, with them saying the issues aren't covered  >:(
Today, my son took his Golf in for a service, when he collected the car he was fronted by the service manager saying....bad news I'm afraid, you need 3 new shock absorbers, they're leaking !! My son replies...bad news for you I'm afraid, I've got a extended warranty!!
The managers attitude suddenly changed... well in that case we'll have to take photos of the shocks and present them to the warranty dept, up to them if they are covered or not !!
5 mins previous they were quite happy to take my lads money to replace these faulty parts, let alone the cost of the extended warranty!
I told the service guy that their warranties aren't worth the paper they're are written on, no more VW's for me I'm afraid.

futterweasel

Re: VW WARRANTIES

Post by futterweasel »

Glad to hear it who, in there right mind would buy a car from a manufacturer who lie and cheat to sell us cars that kill our children!
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

futterweasel wrote: Glad to hear it who, in there right mind would buy a car from a manufacturer who lie and cheat to sell us cars that kill our children!

On that basis, you're options at car change time are going to be somewhat limited. Many manufacturers are guilty of producing cars whose emissions are far worse in the real world than they are in the lab ie testing station. Granted a deliberate cheat is a separate issue but the result is much the same.
Last edited by k9doc on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Duggie wrote: I have a 2016 VW caddy van which is still under warranty until 2019, twice now I've tried to claim for replacement parts and both times refused.
The first was for a rear brake disc and calliper which have rusted so badly, I mean badly rusted, the others are still painted with no signs of rust at all.
The second was for a headlamp which mists up when it's rains or been washed, both times I've been fobbed off, with them saying the issues aren't covered  >:(
Today, my son took his Golf in for a service, when he collected the car he was fronted by the service manager saying....bad news I'm afraid, you need 3 new shock absorbers, they're leaking !! My son replies...bad news for you I'm afraid, I've got a extended warranty!!
The managers attitude suddenly changed... well in that case we'll have to take photos of the shocks and present them to the warranty dept, up to them if they are covered or not !!
5 mins previous they were quite happy to take my lads money to replace these faulty parts, let alone the cost of the extended warranty!
I told the service guy that their warranties aren't worth the paper they're are written on, no more VW's for me I'm afraid.
Can't see what you're problem is. He's just saying that they have to submit evidence to VW and get their approval before they do the job,it's not down to the dealer on his own. Same with any manufacturers warranty, I just did this with my Aprilia with a leaking oil seal. The dealer took a photo and called me a week later that the claim had been approved and to bring the bike in for the work to be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Not sure why I should stick up for VW, but here goes.  On the other hand I'd owned an '04 Passat from new and in early '14 rust started to bubble up on the from wheel arches.  I called them up with not real expectation of getting anything done, within a month of the ten year corrosion guarantee ending, but they took the car, left me a courtesy, and stuck two new wings on.  Suspect that, like motorrad dealers, they vary a bit.  Car's sold now.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

futterweasel wrote: Glad to hear it who, in there right mind would buy a car from a manufacturer who lie and cheat to sell us cars that kill our children!
VW was the manufacturer that got caught.  Anyone thinking they are the only ones is deluding themselves.  Since the politicians make the rules for emissions that are almost impossible to achieve in the real world, to comply you have to be creative!
Best regards, Sleuth
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maybe he was just trying to make a comparison with BMW warranty.  Last week somebody here got a large warranty repair less labour 6 months after it had run out. 
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Yes, maybe it is a bit peripheral but RTman10's point is true.  There are valid parallels with Motorrad - essentially if you don't ask you might not get :)
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

mhr43 wrote: Have I missed the point?  I fail to see what relevance Vw cars and warranties have to do with this forum.

Would anyone like to hear about my Fridge/freezer breakdown and the associated warranty wrangle?
As it says on the tin under 'General Discussion' in the 'General Category' section where this topic was posted, 'Free to talk about anything and everything'. Rock on Duggie 👍.

Just like in the real world, would be bloody monotonous if when meeting fellow bikers, the only subject up for discussion was the BMW R1200RT. Now then, anyone got an opinion on the price of oranges and by the way, I love my 2L Golf TDI. Won't be swapping it anytime soon, oh! and not really interested in your fridge. 😁
Last edited by k9doc on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

k9doc wrote: As it says on the tin under 'General Discussion' in the 'General Category' section where this topic was posted, 'Free to talk about anything and everything'. Rock on Duggie 👍.

Just like in the real world, would be bloody monotonous if when meeting fellow bikers, the only subject up for discussion was the BMW R1200RT. Now then, anyone got an opinion on the price of oranges and by the way, I love my 2L Golf TDI. Won't be swapping it anytime soon, oh! and not really interested in your fridge. 😁

Fair point. I must have got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

Post withdrawn and apologies to Duggie.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

One point I saw on UKGSER was BMW are apparently no longer replacing engines for corrosion. They are now issuing new cases and re-building the engines with the original internals. That should be fun, wonder how many technicians know how to rebuild a whole engine :)
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

mhr43 wrote:

Fair point. I must have got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

Post withdrawn and apologies to Duggie.
Know that feeling.  :)
Chris
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Casbar wrote: One point I saw on UKGSER was BMW are apparently no longer replacing engines for corrosion. They are now issuing new cases and re-building the engines with the original internals. That should be fun, wonder how many technicians know how to rebuild a whole engine :)

WHAT!  I will ask the horses mouth next week. 
Duggie

Post by Duggie »

I was just voicing off my frustration that's all, or can't  you do that these days ?
Maybe I expected too much from VW ?
When you pay top dollar for something, and have a warranty you should have piece of mind, especially from so-called top brands as VW.
If they are quick enough to tell my son he needs 3 new shocks why the need of photos when he states he has a warranty from them ? This is a main dealer not a back street garage.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I appreciate your input.  There is a main VW dealer next to a main Citroen dealer where I take my Picasso.  I was toying with the idea of trying them when the time comes to swap.  Won't bother now.