Metzeler Roadtec 01s just delivered

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
steve.sharkey

Metzeler Roadtec 01s just delivered

Post by steve.sharkey »

Well despite having just 1500 miles on my latest PR4 GTs I've just taken delivery of these roadtec 01s HWM edition. I've only ever ridden an R1200RT on PR4s so when I do get around to swapping it will be interesting to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pwbike
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Metzeler Roadtec 01s just delivered

Post by pwbike »

I think you'll like the Metzelers.
I replaced Bridgestone T30s with the Roadtec 01s and they seem very good and well suited to the bike.
Peter
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

I would agree, I am a lifetime PR2/3/4 fan, love them to bits and never had a problem...  However RoadTec01s feel significantly better rolling into the bends - to me at least - and they look like they will last too!  Peter
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Don't get me wrong tyres are a consumable item if they aren't wearing they aren't working it's just a max of 6000 miles on a PR4 front is dangerously close to a tour distance if you include a period of wearing the tyres in before a tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

I have had the original Z8, they were good, but wore out in 7K. I then tried a set of Shinko Verge II these tires are a lot cheaper & I had no problem with them dry or really wet 2 up, they were a little noisy but I had full confidence in them. I got about 9500k out of them.
Decided to try a set of Roadtec 01's for the next. I find these to be very quite tire & feel very smooth on the road. Haven't had them on really twisty roads yet (I live on the Prairies of Alberta) but May long weekend they will get a work out...only 1K so far.