Windshield riding speed

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Windshield riding speed

Post by Casbar »

B787MECH wrote: I don't use Shell since they introduced the "helmet off " policy. Won't let you fill up wearing a helmet as you can't be identified on CCTV. Use BP now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well my Shell garage are quite happy if you have a flip helmet, never been asked to take my helmet off.
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Casbar wrote:
Well my Shell garage are quite happy if you have a flip helmet, never been asked to take my helmet off.
Haven't been to a Shell station for two or three years but the ones in my area (Heathrow) certainly did have a helmet off policy. There's a notice by the entrance door. I took it up with Shell Customer Service and they said it was a security measure. (Getting a bit off topic now chaps)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Casbar wrote:
Yep same here, since changing to a flip helmet, many years ago, never have any problems. Banks neither!
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

RTman10 wrote: Very easy to delete or you can always plead you were on a German autobahn at the time.
Or the Isle of Man :-) Peter
scunny1

Post by scunny1 »

When they ask Muslim women to remove their head gear, then I might remove my helmet at petrol stations- until then I will stand my ground and argue the toss.
scunny1  R1200RT LE 2015
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Shell issued a leaflet a few months ago which asks us to raise visors. No need to remove helmet. This was apparenty issued after consulting motorcyclists about the inconvenience of removing helmets. The leaflet also asks riders to to dismount when filling up.
beemer dood

Post by beemer dood »

I'm 6' 1" and I have my seat in the high position.  I usually ride with my windshield all the way down on surface streets.  On the freeway I raise it a little bit to reduce turbulence unless it's very hot.  Then I want the airflow to keep me cooled down.  About the only time that I raise it all the way is when it's raining (rare here in So Cal) or when there's lots of bugs (not so rare here).  My visor stays clear either way, and it's easier cleaning the bugs from the screen than my helmet and jacket.