How to connect helmet, phone and navigator to audio system

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
guest2360

Re: How to connect helmet, phone and navigator to audio system

Post by guest2360 »

beemerboy9 wrote:
It's becoming clearer to me after some experimentation ......

If the Satnav is in the cradle and I connect the Scala Q1 BT headset to the bike audio, then the SatNav instructions are heard through the bikes audio. (If I use the Autocom - with the bike BT turned off - it comes through the speakers)

If the Satnav is in the cradle and I connect the BT headset to the Satnav, then no Satnav instructions can be heard through the speakers -they are of course heard through the Satnav.

I have not tried connecting to the bike audio and Satnav on different channels using the Q1 - I'm not even sure it is possible with this device.

John

If you have an Autocom on your bike and you connect it to the audio unit you will get everything going to both helmets in whatever combination you want. The volume required for both the satnav and the radio is so low it can hardly be heard in the speakers.  Connect a BT dongle to the Autocom and both of you can connect to the phone as well.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

beemerboy9 wrote:
It's becoming clearer to me after some experimentation ......

If the Satnav is in the cradle and I connect the Scala Q1 BT headset to the bike audio, then the SatNav instructions are heard through the bikes audio. (If I use the Autocom - with the bike BT turned off - it comes through the speakers)

If the Satnav is in the cradle and I connect the BT headset to the Satnav, then no Satnav instructions can be heard through the speakers -they are of course heard through the Satnav.

I have not tried connecting to the bike audio and Satnav on different channels using the Q1 - I'm not even sure it is possible with this device.

John

With the Pactalk, you have two BT channels and two A2DP channels. I have one BT channel connected to the Nav V, instructions through the BT, and one A2DP channel connected to the bike for music. The second BT channel I use for intercom, the second A2Dp channel I use for phone if not through the sat nav. Comms between riders uses DMC so different channels again. You can share anything that comes to my helmet with the pillion, or have separate connections, but the Bike will only connect to one BT headset. I have never tried to share Nav, so not sure if you can.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Ok scrap  the connecting the phone to two BT units at the same time. I asked Mr Cardo Systems, who said "don't attempt to connect your phone to two different BT headsets at the same time, or you will be launched into space", or something like that. But you can connect phone to Nav V and also to one BT headset, because I do :)