Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Lokey1

Post by Lokey1 »

Didn't see a new member intro section so I thought I'd post here.
Just picked up a 2013 RT today to replace the 1000 V Strom I wrecked in a low speed smashup last week. Been riding for many years and this was my first. No harm to me other than some real sore ribs but the bike is a total loss due to it's age and the cost of plastic.

Anyway, I am really jazzed with the new ride and amazed at it's agility for it's size (and comfort). I think my first personalization bits will be lower pegs for both myself and my sweety. We took our first spin on it together and as she's had fairly recent knee surgery, the passenger pegs are too high. I'm 6'4+ and could use a tad more room as well.

Anhoo, this appears to be a great forum and I look forward to palaverin with everyone as I get used to this beauty. As soon as I figure out how, I'll add some of my details.

Jim
2013 R1200RT- the last of the oilheads
guest2360

Re: New Member

Post by guest2360 »

Just in case you haven't noticed the seat is very adjustable, for you anyway.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Welcome aboard Jim!
tommo68

Post by tommo68 »

Hello Lokey1. Just joined also 🍺
Be yourself
scunny1

Post by scunny1 »

Welcome to the old boys club ;D
scunny1  R1200RT LE 2015
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will be very happy with your new bike - it must feel pretty different after the V-Strom.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X