Help on paint colour

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Terry_RT

Help on paint colour

Post by Terry_RT »

Greetings,
I need some help with the colour code for my MY16 RT. The colour is NC9 ebony metallic, but I don't know the colour code to paint the top box.. anyone has it?

Make Life A Ride #makelifearide
all these moments shall be lost, like tears in the rain...
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Help on paint colour

Post by T6pilot »

I found, by accident, the paint code inside the upper right fairing. Label attached to fairing had the code. Note be careful removing the fairing the tabs are prone to breaking easily

Jim
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

There is also a website for colorite paints that has all the codes.  You simply put in the year, make and model of your bike and it will return the information.

http://www.colorrite.com/

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 11.34.35 AM.png
BMW MOA #210438
Terry_RT

Post by Terry_RT »

timminator wrote: There is also a website for colorite paints that has all the codes.  You simply put in the year, make and model of your bike and it will return the information.

http://www.colorrite.com/
It doesn't have ebony metallic... searched it

Taz

Post by Taz »

I have just had my top box resprayed in the same colour. I gave the same code to the guy (it's only a small 2 man business) and he got the paint mixed by a small local supplier in 4 hours in Middlewich (Cheshire).

I am away from home at the moment but when I get back I will look at the jar (which I still have) and let you know the full code that is on the top.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Terry_RT

Post by Terry_RT »

Taz wrote: I have just had my top box resprayed in the same colour. I gave the same code to the guy (it's only a small 2 man business) and he got the paint mixed by a small local supplier in 4 hours in Middlewich (Cheshire).

I am away from home at the moment but when I get back I will look at the jar (which I still have) and let you know the full code that is on the top.
Yes that code I need. Thank you mate!!

Royso

Post by Royso »

Does anyone know the paint code for the engine block of a 2014 Rtlc? I have picked up a stone chip and want to cover it before it gets worse.
Terry_RT

Post by Terry_RT »

I finally did it..Image

Taz

Post by Taz »

Wow, looks good. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner as I only got back yesterday from nearly three weeks away for work. Funnily enough, I just went into the garage to take a photo of the paint and then I saw that you had managed it anyway.

Just for fun, what was the paint code you used?  Mine is C:62930 R:/F:636908
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Terry_RT

Post by Terry_RT »

Taz wrote: Wow, looks good. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner as I only got back yesterday from nearly three weeks away for work. Funnily enough, I just went into the garage to take a photo of the paint and then I saw that you had managed it anyway.

Just for fun, what was the paint code you used?  Mine is C:62930 R:/F:636908
Well I don't have the code, since my paint shop manager found it for me. No problem mate !! Result is satisfying