Innovv Dual Camera dashcam installed on R1200RT LC

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Potential new owner..
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Innovv Dual Camera dashcam installed on R1200RT LC

Post by Potential new owner.. »

Thanks Andy, I've got it working now! I was able to tap into the cable to the rear accessory socket and get a switched live from that.

I havnet yet fitted the GPS unit but I will. I'm very impressed with the quality. Like you say it's not HD, not Go Pro quality but easily good enough for the purpose.

Maybe you can help me with one more thing. How did you run the front Camera cable under the body work to the undersea region? Did you remove any fairing? At the moment I've just got the cable running over the tank and held in place by my tank bag which is not how I want it permanently but I'm a bit reluctant to start removing any plastic. I was able to feed a large zip tie with the end cut off from the front which emerged on the other side but the mini usb connector was to large to be pulled through.

Thanks!

Iain.
aweight

Post by aweight »

No problem, for routing the front camera I mounted the cam right in the middle under the headlight using 3m VHB tape, this gave enough of a gap to bend the cable at 90 degrees, then cable clips along the "seam" under the headlight, then up into the fairing.

Remove the seat, the fairing panel on the nearside (two screws under the fairing, then lift and pivot outwards from the bottom very carefully)

Loosen the other fairing panel between the seat and the front,  just enough to slip cable through or remove if feeling brave

The feed cable up into fairing through existing hole (feel with your finger from underneath) and rout with existing cables under front fairing panel, then slip under the part you loosened and secure to frame with small cable ties, run it up to the unit - avoiding any pinch points

Don't worry about removing panels, take it slow and lay them out on the floor next to the bike in the place/orientation they come off, put the screws back into the fairing holes until you are ready to reassemble (there are two types of screws, one with a deeper shoulder that works when two panels overlap)

Follow the reverse to reassemble

I was very nervous the first time I removed the bodywork, but having done it now a few times it gives you great access to get things done right and a brilliant understanding of how the bike is put together

Andy
R1200RT LE San Marino Blue
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

Fitting the rear camera on the rear red reflector is an MOT failure I'm afraid, and could also attract an observant traffic officer.... :( :(
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

If camera switches off, silly question but...is the sd card in ....correctly.
re a power source see other topic on here .... Power Source on LC

Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Potential new owner..
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Potential new owner.. »

I fitted mine to the number plate using the little right-angled bracket supplied.

Attachments
IMG_0660.JPG