LED replacement bulbs for headlights

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
roachman

LED replacement bulbs for headlights

Post by roachman »

Has anyone replaced the H7 bulbs with Led , if so are you happy, burned out (2) H7 in a year, the cheap plastic clip just fell apart during removal. Have the entire front end apart now and want to replace with LEDs, and is it worth it.
realshelby

Re: LED replacement bulbs for headlights

Post by realshelby »

On my Wethead I spent a considerable amount of time and money finding what would not work and what would work. Story HERE
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
kiki

Post by kiki »

realshelby wrote: On my Wethead I spent a considerable amount of time and money finding what would not work and what would work. Story HERE
For those trying the link and having difficulty, you need to remove the "s" in "https" for some browsers security settings.

That being said, I read this post last fall when you originally wrote it (well done!) , since i am interested in the same modification. I drive a BMW 550i  with factory LED headlamps (instead of Xenon)  and the difference in color recognition seems so much better with the LED's. I assume that BMW will begin offering LED headlamps as an option on upcoming bikes. I remember when they introduced Xenon bulbs on bikes, albeit in low beam, but it was a milestone. Now that LED accessory lamps are so prevalent its just a matter of time.
TJRL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by TJRL »

kiki wrote: Now that LED accessory lamps are so prevalent its just a matter of time.
Ah the optimism of youth, :) I thought that about the K1600's adaptive headlight coming over to the RT!!
2020 R1250RT, 2021 Triton ST-125, 1960 SII Land Rover.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

roachman wrote: Has anyone replaced the H7 bulbs with Led , if so are you happy, burned out (2) H7 in a year, the cheap plastic clip just fell apart during removal. Have the entire front end apart now and want to replace with LEDs, and is it worth it.

What bike are we talking about here?

On my Wethead I have fitted the braided heatsink style LED's to my High Beam and Low Beam. They are wonderful. The Braids fit underneath the plastic caps, so no need to drill a hole and feed the braid out.
No CanBus errors thrown up. Simples.  Well, simple after you had completely removed the light unit, which is the best way to do it.
Attachments
IMG_5151.JPG
IMG_5150.JPG
IMG_5149.JPG
IMG_5148.JPG
IMG_5145.JPG
IMG_5140.JPG
IMG_5139.JPG
IMG_5134.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG
IMG_5131.JPG
Last edited by bandytales on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.