The Deed Is Done

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

The Deed Is Done

Post by guest2360 »

Well after a 21 year continuous ownership,of BMW bikes I have today jumped ship.  My LC is at Pidcocks complete with its Nav V and full Autocom waiting for its next careful owner.  New steed as Casbar suspected is a Can Am Spyder.  Lovely Rotex ACE motor, terrifying steering.  Learning curve starts on Saturday. 
Attachments
WP_20170605_10_31_28_Pro.jpg
Blueboy

Re: The Deed Is Done

Post by Blueboy »

Lots of road feel lost. Disappointed to read this. Sure about this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blueboy
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

If you have gone for the Can-Am RT model you could sneak some BMW badges on  ;)
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

RTman10 wrote: Well after a 21 year continuous ownership,of BMW bikes I have today jumped ship. My LC is at Pidcocks complete with its Nav V and full Autocom waiting for its next careful owner. New steed as Casbar suspected is a Can Am Spyder. Lovely Rotex ACE motor, terrifying steering. Learning curve starts on Saturday.
That's a fabulous looking machine.  I'd love to have one for a week, or permanently if I could keep the RT.  Hope you enjoy riding (driving ?) it.

Don't give up on the forum, you'd be missed .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I won't be leaving the forum as I'm still heavily involved with BMW through Pidcocks and their tours.  Not sure about losing road feel .  The bit I have done on it was very involved and it's performnce seems not much off the RT if you were brave enough.  Time will tell but she on the back is much happier. Front view looks angry.
Attachments
IMG_0267.JPG
Last edited by guest2360 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Traitor!  :)    Nice ride! I wish you many a happy mile upon it  :)
Last edited by simbo on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Wow thats different. Lets us know how you get on and how it compares with the RT. I'm sure plenty here would be interested.  :)
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

No risk of dropping it at least.  I have heard they steer more like a car than a bike though, that you don't really lean them.  Would love to hear a report after you've ridden it a couple thousand miles.
Last edited by timminator on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMW MOA #210438
Millman

Post by Millman »

I looked at them again before I bought my RT. My wife liked the stability of getting on and off and the comfort. I didn't like the ride as others have said no leaning and remember to hold on if you are making a u turn at a quick pace. It took me by surprise the first time I rode one.  Enjoy, I'm sure that in a few years I'll be joining you!

RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

Well a shame but enjoy the new toy :-)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Looks cool in Black, I'm sure you will have a hoot. Are you going to start your own owners club with your mate? Where are you going to fit the scaffolding then and does the sat nav lock  8)
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Never understood the attraction, worst of both worlds, but if that's what turns you on!

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Casbar wrote: Looks cool in Black, I'm sure you will have a hoot. Are you going to start your own owners club with your mate? Where are you going to fit the scaffolding then and does the sat nav lock  8)

Guess what, not black but balistic grey just like my RT.. Am considering a beard and giving up washing so I fit in.  There is an owners forum that GS generated 2 posts in 2 years.  Far too much for me to get involved with. Insidently considering its cost insurance is cheap.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

A really amazing looking machine, which is going to open up a whole new chapter of vehicle ownership for you. Whats the service schedule like?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

In 2015 during a trip to Norway, we had the company of a guy who owned a Grinnal Scorpion S3 fitted with a BMW K1200RS engine, they now use the K1300S engine.

He didn't hang about, it wasn't slow, kept up with the bikes, both for straight line speed & could have possibly been quicker in the corners, sounded awesome too.

Here it is with our RT.

His words, not mine, "I have never tried a Can Am. I know about it but wouldn't fancy it in the corners".
Last edited by David. on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.