The Deed Is Done

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: The Deed Is Done

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Just fancy something a bit more challenging as well as the other reasons.  And I still hate these Bluetooth thingys. Blue lights red light, press this jog that, bloody nightmare.

Lol - the Luddite meets technology. Should have bought a Scala, even I mastered that  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I'm getting there.  It's just that you have to read the manuals and that's a new experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: I'm getting there.  It's just that you have to read the manuals and that's a new experience.

Does the Sat Nav lock then?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Of course not.  The cradle attachment is a heavier design though and you can switch the unit on and off without the ignition.  As per the RT. I have a locker to put it in . 

B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

RTman10 wrote: Me thinks it's the only advantage.  Can't do the second suggestion.  She holds the purse strings as apparently I loose it all the time. [emoji41]

Surely the main advantage of a two wheeler over a trike is the very fact it is a bike and not a three wheel car! We all rides bikes because they are much more fun (and get you there quicker etc) than any sort of car (three or four wheel). I respect your decision to move away from bikes for your own reasons but let's not pretend it's a viable alternative to riding a bike. This is a bike enthusiasts forum after all!

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Nope, definitely a three wheeled bike.

B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

RTman10 wrote: Nope, definitely a three wheeled bike.

Sorry, no such thing! A bike has two wheels.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

B787MECH wrote: Sorry, no such thing! A bike has two wheels.

No convincing you then.  It's obvious you have tried one and come to that conclusion.
Sounds like a bike, accelerates like a bike , just leans the opposite way and doesn't bother with clutch or brake levers. And just as much fun.
B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

RTman10 wrote:
No convincing you then.  It's obvious you have tried one and come to that conclusion.
Sounds like a bike, accelerates like a bike , just leans the opposite way and doesn't bother with clutch or brake levers. And just as much fun.
Sorry, no convincing me! I wouldn't try one because it's not a bike and has way too many disadvantages compared to a bike. If you live in the SE of the U.K. you'll be spending 90% of your time in a traffic jam watching the bikes filter past, whilst having none of the advantages of a car i.e rainproof, air con, heating etc. Like I said I respect your decision to buy whatever you like but you won't convince me! By the way, how easy is it to get that back wheel out when you have a puncture, and does your local tyre shop stock that size tyre? [emoji3]

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Spindle slides out, apparently.  And just like your back tyre the local tyre shop probably wouldn't stock it.   

B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

My local tyre shop has a choice of tyre in my size. I know because I've just got back from Spain with a slow puncture in the rear tyre. Just got to the ferry ok and limped off at Portsmouth with only 20psi in it. Looks like I need a new tyre already (only done 3500 miles!)
Just had the wheel off in the garage and put it in the bath, it's the tiniest little hole but just enough to spoil the end of a great trip to the Picos mountains! Just off to my local tyre shop, back on the road soon.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

B787MECH wrote: My local tyre shop has a choice of tyre in my size. I know because I've just got back from Spain with a slow puncture in the rear tyre. Just got to the ferry ok and limped off at Portsmouth with only 20psi in it. Looks like I need a new tyre already (only done 3500 miles!)
Just had the wheel off in the garage and put it in the bath, it's the tiniest little hole but just enough to spoil the end of a great trip to the Picos mountains! Just off to my local tyre shop, back on the road soon.

If you have TPMs check them after the change.  They are easily damaged by tyrefitters.

B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

RTman10 wrote:

If you have TPMs check them after the change.  They are easily damaged by tyrefitters.
They claim they're used to them, I'll find out soon! Mind you the rear one was a bit erratic before. Although it's under warranty my dealer said I'd have to bring the bike in to check the sensor (as its calibrated to the bike computer) which I can't do as the wheel is off and anyway don't want to ride it there with a puncture. Will get them to check it next time I'm in for a service.

Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

B787MECH wrote: Sorry, no such thing! A bike has two wheels.
The acid test:  does it fall over at a standstill?
B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Sprintgull wrote: The acid test:  does it fall over at a standstill?
No, because it's not a bike![emoji849]