Sena BT Updates

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Sena BT Updates

Post by guest2360 »

Yesterday a bought my first BT headset device, a Sena 10S.  Quite easy to install in helmets and everything seems to work. 
However their website is a nightmare.  Impossible to register it and no way of updating the software.  They show a video of how to do it on Windows XP.
Anybody got any links .
nh_handyman
United States of America

Re: Sena BT Updates

Post by nh_handyman »

As I recall you need to download their Windows or MAC app (before or after registering) then it was somewhat straightforward (Windows 10 btw).  I didn't watch the videos.
If you don't see 'sign up' or 'register' on their site, make sure you don't have any ad-blockers or such running.  I've found several sites that I've had to whitelist for them to behave correctly (poor site design if you ask me but...).
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

nh_handyman wrote: As I recall you need to download their Windows or MAC app (before or after registering) then it was somewhat straightforward (Windows 10 btw).  I didn't watch the videos.
If you don't see 'sign up' or 'register' on their site, make sure you don't have any ad-blockers or such running.  I've found several sites that I've had to whitelist for them to behave correctly (poor site design if you ask me but...).

Thanks.  Think the problem might be their end as I can't get response from MAC or Windows.  I I'll try agsin later.
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

RTman10 wrote: Yesterday a bought my first BT headset device, a Sena 10S.  Quite easy to install in helmets and everything seems to work. 
However their website is a nightmare.  Impossible to register it and no way of updating the software.  They show a video of how to do it on Windows XP.
Anybody got any links .
If their website is anything like the Scala one, you first have to register the product and then it takes you to a different site where the software updates are available.  It seems to work better when the BT kit is plugged in via USB while you go to the site so it can detect the model and its firmware version.
BMW MOA #210438
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

I visit the below page to register my Sena 10S:

https://www.sena.com/support/registration/

[size=2px]Just checked, its working fine from windows 7 & iphone 6: [/size]

mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

Updated my 10S yesterday using Mac laptop. Didn't experience any problems.
nh_handyman
United States of America

Post by nh_handyman »

updated both my 10Rs yesterday - I had already downloaded the manager (Windows 10) - it updated the manager then I plugged each unit in and followed the instructions.  I've yet to repair it to the bike nav system (I did a factory reset after the update) - one step at a time
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I will persevere. 
Inlaw1

Post by Inlaw1 »

RTman10 wrote: I will persevere.
Go to the main Sena web site > support > documentation > product registration.

Once registered, go back to the main Sena web page, in the middle of the page find the "Firmware Update" link. You can download the device manager for either Mac or Win there. Once installed you can check and see if the firmware needs updating, and do so if it does. You can also set up your unit to some degree, such as I was able to do with my recently purchased 10R.

I found the Sena site not very intuitive, but it does have a lot of information like a forum on it, just takes a little digging.

HTH
Topphoto1

Post by Topphoto1 »

Have the sena 10, never updated or ever visited a website, they are fantastic, sat nav through phone etc and lasts a whole day.
Smile you ride a BMW.