Slip-on exhaust for LC R1200 RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Paggers

Re: Slip-on exhaust for LC R1200 RT

Post by Paggers »

Old-Git wrote: Long shot, but does anyone live in Cumbria, if so would you be willing to lend your bike to Fuel Exhausts for a few days so they can pattern a system? Way cheaper than akro or remus, but I'm too far away.
I'm a bit south of Cumbria but if no-one closer can help it might be possible to work something out.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Conversation I had with them -

Hi Nick
Thank you for your enquiry.
We have not had this bike into our workshop to pattern up on unfortunately. We can cover it but do need a customer to loan us there bike for 5 working days. Are you local to Cumbria? We offer hefty discounts to customers loaning their bikes for patterning. Thanks.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards
Louise
Fuel Exhausts
Tel+44(0)1539 738333

I've emailed MTC to see if they can help - I put their cans on a tdm900, lovely sound nice quality and they re-made the link pipe to my measurements.
Last edited by Old-Git on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Ah, they are looking for someone to buy an exhaust and get a discount in return for the loan of the bike. Not something I would be up for at the moment. Aside from just having fitted the Remus slip-on, the bike still have over a year of warranty on it and I won't be looking at changing the headers until after that (if ever).
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Boxercup

Post by Boxercup »

Has anyone tried the Arrow can?  Comes in at around £340 on line so is keenly priced.
https://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1443
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Thanks Boxercup, will have a look at that.
Boxercup

Post by Boxercup »

Was at a Triumph dealer yesterday and it would appear the black finish on Arrow cans is prone to marking when hot. So the ally option is better.  There is also a titanium option in the pipe line which no doubt will be more expensive but lighter still.  Mind you I could save probably save more weight by wearing my textile jacket instead of my trusty leather one! 😳
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Pipewerx say they will do this in a day, and their cans are cheap. Anyone near Wigan.....?