17RT lights

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
grisopaul

17RT lights

Post by grisopaul »

My USA 17RT does a odd thing, with the bike running and the high beams on, then turn the bike off - the low beam light stays on. 10 seconds later the halo lights turn on, then 10-15 seconds later both turn off. If the low beams are on when turning bike off then lights act normal.
I'm wondering if I could impose on one of you to do this with your 17RT and see what happens. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Re: 17RT lights

Post by smileymiley »

Just tried mine and it does exactly the same thing..... the lights do take a very long time to switch off!
I'll ask my BMW mechanics next time I'm in.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

smileymiley wrote: Just tried mine and it does exactly the same thing..... the lights do take a very long time to switch off!
I'll ask my BMW mechanics next time I'm in.

It's just the Linbus system shutting down.  What's on when you turn off effects how it does it.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

RTman10 wrote:
It's just the Linbus system shutting down.  What's on when you turn off effects how it does it.
Thanks John
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

smileymiley wrote: Thanks John

Well I trotted off to my Garage and did a test, It was dark in there, so started bike, switched to main beam, then switched off the bike, all the lights went off immediately. Mine is a 2014 though so perhaps different.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Casbar wrote:
Well I trotted off to my Garage and did a test, It was dark in there, so started bike, switched to main beam, then switched off the bike, all the lights went off immediately. Mine is a 2014 though so perhaps different.

That's because it thinks it's a car.
You should think yourself lucky.  My trike has come with some pile of sh... called a Garmin 590.  Horrible screen .  Being swapped tomorrow but I suspect it won't help.  Just goes to,prove the Navigator might be a Garmin but not just a clone

Last edited by guest2360 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

[size=2px]It maybe like most modern cars. I think they call it welcome home lights.[/size][size=2px][size=2px][size=2px][size=2px]When you pull up in modern cars you turn off and then flash the main beam and the lights stay on for a preset time, so you can see where you are walking.[/size][size=2px]
grisopaul

Post by grisopaul »

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk