Can an Old Man with an Old Phone play music?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
WillPhelps52

Can an Old Man with an Old Phone play music?

Post by WillPhelps52 »

My 13 year old flip phone doesn't have the ability to play music.  My 2017 RT has some kind of ubs port and 3.5 mm female audio jack.  I think that's right.

I wanted to buy an inexpensive MP3 player and fill it with music files from my computer.  I figure I could probably get a cable to go from the audio jack to the MP3 player, but is there a way to hook up the UBS port so I don't need to worry about the battery dying?  How do you hook all that up?

Thanks.

Will

pkpilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Can an Old Man with an Old Phone play music?

Post by pkpilot »

WillPhelps52 wrote: My 13 year old flip phone doesn't have the ability to play music.  My 2017 RT has some kind of ubs port and 3.5 mm female audio jack.  I think that's right.

I wanted to buy an inexpensive MP3 player and fill it with music files from my computer.  I figure I could probably get a cable to go from the audio jack to the MP3 player, but is there a way to hook up the UBS port so I don't need to worry about the battery dying?  How do you hook all that up?

Thanks.

Will
Connect the MP3 player with a USB cable. It should not only play the music, but provide power to the unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tony23

Post by tony23 »

Easiest way by far is to put your MP3 files onto a memory stick and plug that into the USB port.you will be able to access it all using the wonder wheel, just takes some getting used to.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

tony23 wrote: Easiest way by far is to put your MP3 files onto a memory stick and plug that into the USB port.you will be able to access it all using the wonder wheel, just takes some getting used to.

+1 on that.  Just ensure you load it in MP3 format or it won't work.
aweight

Post by aweight »

Again +1 on the memory stick, if you need any support on how to put your music files onto the memory stick then DM me

Andy
R1200RT LE San Marino Blue
WillPhelps52

Post by WillPhelps52 »

Man, that was easy.  Thank you.

Next step is to get a blue tooth headset so I can hear it (on low) as I ride.

Doing the research now.  Sena has fans and non fans.  Need to see if it's worth the money or just get an inexpensive one just for the radio.  Wife doesn't ride with me that much.
blastfurnace
Been liked: 1 time

Post by blastfurnace »

I got a really inexpensive BT-S2 headset that pairs with the bike.  Also allows for multiple connections for intercom.  It was $50.00

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Handsfree/dp/B06XTM95NK

Last edited by blastfurnace on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.