New 2018 RT what would you like to see ??

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
steve.sharkey

Re: New 2018 RT what would you like to see ??

Post by steve.sharkey »

I love the rt dash, a few small improvements: on the trip counter allow it to have the 3 current settings or range. I'm sure it's there but buggered if I can find a switch to kph instead of mph digitally. I agree on keeping the dials though in reality I don't use the that much just prefer the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

steve.sharkey wrote: I love the rt dash, a few small improvements: on the trip counter allow it to have the 3 current settings or range. I'm sure it's there but buggered if I can find a switch to kph instead of mph digitally. I agree on keeping the dials though in reality I don't use the that much just prefer the look.

There is no switch to change to kph from mph. Apparently the dealer can set if required, but not user stable. Just use the Nav or do the calculation, not really an issue
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Casbar wrote:
There is no switch to change to kph from mph. Apparently the dealer can set if required, but not user stable. Just use the Nav or do the calculation, not really an issue
I use the satnav but not much use in a tunnel and on the continent they do love placing cameras on tunnel exits!

steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Bit poor not having it my 1987 Vauxhall Astra GTE with the digital dashboard even had that!

Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

steve.sharkey wrote: I use the satnav but not much use in a tunnel and on the continent they do love placing cameras on tunnel exits!

You have a speedo in mph, its not rocket science to work out the speed in kph, a little bit of mental arithmetic. Or you could just buy another Vauxhall  8)
steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Casbar wrote:
You have a speedo in mph, its not rocket science to work out the speed in kph, a little bit of mental arithmetic. Or you could just buy another Vauxhall  8)
Never said it was rocket science but clearly BMW consider it to be so.

steve.sharkey

Post by steve.sharkey »

Also useful when you switch (like every other vehicle I've had with a digital dash) to see range & odo in km this helps road signs be more useful. When touring I want to be enjoying the ride & scenery not constantly performing simple maths, obviously I'm odd but the question was what would you like to see sorry I chimed in with my stupid comments. I'll take it back there's absolutely nothing that can be improved BMW are gods of motorcycle making and the RT is the absolute pinnacle. Better?

Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

steve.sharkey wrote: Also useful when you switch (like every other vehicle I've had with a digital dash) to see range & odo in km this helps road signs be more useful. When touring I want to be enjoying the ride & scenery not constantly performing simple maths, obviously I'm odd but the question was what would you like to see sorry I chimed in with my stupid comments. I'll take it back there's absolutely nothing that can be improved BMW are gods of motorcycle making and the RT is the absolute pinnacle. Better?

FFS here we go again. Disagree or make comments and people get upset.
Pointwithinacircle

Post by Pointwithinacircle »

Really? Nobody said Red?  Am I the only one?
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Pointwithinacircle wrote: Really? Nobody said Red?  Am I the only one?

Well at least one wish has been granted!!!
John Bentall
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

steve.sharkey wrote: ..... sorry I chimed in with my stupid comments. I'll take it back there's absolutely nothing that can be improved BMW are gods of motorcycle making and the RT is the absolute pinnacle. Better?

Surely the whole point of a thread like this is that everybody has their preferences which may be quite different to the preferences of others.  I hope we're all allowed to voice our opinions on other people's preferences too - it doesn't make them "wrong" but can go some way to understanding a different point of view .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE