1450 Mile Weekend. NC - NJ and back.

Been on a trip and want to tell the world about it? Use this section to report on ride outs, tours and decent routes you have been on remember we love pictures.
WillPhelps52

1450 Mile Weekend. NC - NJ and back.

Post by WillPhelps52 »

This might not make sense to folks not familiar with the North East US, but here is my report.

I got my 600 Mile service on a Wednesday.  I actually only had about 530 miles on it.

Friday I left my home in Concord NC (USA) about 6:00 AM and headed north.  I hadn't done much route research before leaving.  I was going to a hotel near Southhampton Township, NJ, but wanted to avoid DC, Baltimore, Philly and other metropolitan areas.

I got onto the PA Turnpike but I want' sure where to get off.  The GPS kept telling me to get off, just about the entire time on that road.  I figured I must have had "Avoid Tolls" turned on, so ignored the GPS.  Until, that is, I came over the crest of a hill and saw nothing but stopped cars as far as the eye could see.  I got off the next exit.

The GPS took me through every town north of Philly, along with about 800 traffic lights and rush hour traffic jams.  I was about ready to throw the GPS in the river, but it was my fault for not researching the route I wanted and not checking the GPS Settings.

Got to the hotel about 7:00 PM.  BBQ on Saturday. Back on the road for home at 4:00 AM on Sunday.

To summarize.  The "Low" seat is literally a pain in the butt.  I had to sit on a pillow Sunday night when I got home.  I hate that seat.  I'm going to get something else as soon as I can.

Other than the seat, I am really loving the bike.  I hit country roads, highways, dirt roads with ruts and holes.. and the bike handled it all with ease.  Plenty of acceleration and smooth running.  Not a fan of riding in the heat of summer, but hope to do more rides when the weather cools down a bit.

Cheers.

panaray

Re: 1450 Mile Weekend. NC - NJ and back.

Post by panaray »

I'd try the Cape May ferry if you want to avoid traffic. (Albeit on weekdays only--back ups on weekends)

Oh, BTW. Sounds like you need to grow some "cushion" to soften the ride ;)

Last edited by panaray on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.