Connect Sena SMH5 to Iphone AND bluetooth on bike at same time?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
blastfurnace
Been liked: 1 time

Connect Sena SMH5 to Iphone AND bluetooth on bike at same time?

Post by blastfurnace »

I can connect the phone to the sena and play music and I can connect the Sena to the bike and play music, but I can't get both connections at the same time and switch between the bike bluetooth and the phone bluetooth.  Is this possible?  According to the manual the headset can accept multiple connections, but it doesn't tell you how to toggle between them
Last edited by blastfurnace on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Re: Connect Sena SMH5 to Iphone AND bluetooth on bike at same time?

Post by guest2360 »

I have much the same set up but with different Sena units.  My phone is connected via my GPS which is paired to my headset.  I will get the phone and in my case music from the GPS as long as I have Bluetooth activated in the GPS.  Deactivate the Bluetooth nd the system defaults to the audio unit in the bike which is also paired to the headsets. However I have to toggle between the two with  the button on the headset. 
Life was so much easier with Autocom.
Rwslater
United States of America

Post by Rwslater »

I have a 1200RT with a Nav 5, and a SENA 20S, and an iPhone 5S.  I want to connect the iPhone using a audio cable to the bike and play it through the bike that is connected to the SENA using bluetooth.  Can it be done?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Connecting an i phone to the audio unit has always  been a bit  hit and miss and you will need the extra very expensive cable to to it. You will also not have the volume control you would get if you put the phone directly to your headset.