Wunderlich Ergo seat

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Szibar

Wunderlich Ergo seat

Post by Szibar »

Howdy,
Looking to replace my stock seats for subject. Anyone got any experience with those?
Basically I've got 2 options now - either go for those Ergo seats or custom build one. One major drawback of the second option is - custom seats are build on the basis of my stock one, hence I won't be riding for good 6-8 weeks :(
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts!?
gogs01

Re: Wunderlich Ergo seat

Post by gogs01 »

I've just bought a used seat with the intention of having it shaped and raised to suit me.  Previous experience tells me this can work well and be cost effective. 
I hate the idea of buying custom seats (Corbin, Sargent, Wunderlich etc) because I worry that they just won't suit me and I will then have wasted a very substantial amount of money.
What will you do if you find you don't like the Wunderlich Ergo seat ?
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Szibar

Post by Szibar »

gogs01 wrote: I've just bought a used seat with the intention of having it shaped and raised to suit me.  Previous experience tells me this can work well and be cost effective. 
I hate the idea of buying custom seats (Corbin, Sargent, Wunderlich etc) because I worry that they just won't suit me and I will then have wasted a very substantial amount of money.
What will you do if you find you don't like the Wunderlich Ergo seat ?

Yeah, thought about it too. The only problem being - my seats are heated. Buying a used heated seat which would be 100% reliable and working is not the simplest of tasks. Plus it would come with a neat price tag :(
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Szibar wrote: Yeah, thought about it too. The only problem being - my seats are heated. Buying a used heated seat which would be 100% reliable and working is not the simplest of tasks. Plus it would come with a neat price tag :(
I'll be able to tell you about that soon, the seat I've bought is heated and I should have it in a couple of days. It may not heat as well after I've added more memory foam, but I rarely use the heating and only use a low heat for a short period when I do.
As for cost, I've paid a third of the cost of the Ergo, and I'll have two seats.
That's my choice, good luck with what you choose ! ;)
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Szibar

Post by Szibar »

Yeah, will see. You do make a good point though. Thanks for the tip. I'd prolly go for a custom seat too. Not gonna be making one myself that's for sure :)
Why, oh why stock seats are always crap? Had a lot of bikes before my RT and not a single one had a good seat. The only good stock seat I had was on Suzuki Burgman.
pockomoth

Post by pockomoth »

I recently bought a Sargent, built on its own base and has a heat option.  It’s a two piece, so you can start with the driver seat, add the passenger later if you like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RTtourer

Post by RTtourer »

pockomoth wrote: I recently bought a Sargent, built on its own base and has a heat option.  It’s a two piece, so you can start with the driver seat, add the passenger later if you like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m curious how you like your Sargent seat. Which model?
pockomoth

Post by pockomoth »

I have a BMW R1200RT-LC. Took it out today for my first long day on it,  very comfortable, firm, but for a long day it has just the right support.  They even built it with a little extra foam in The front part so I don't slide forward.  The OEM is way too soft.  The only other seat I would consider would be a Lamm seat. 

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk