Police Bike Servicing Standards

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
robparky
Great Britain

Police Bike Servicing Standards

Post by robparky »

I have a 2007 1200 RTP ex of Strathclyde Police. Does anyone know what the A, B, C Services / Inspections actually entailed for the police servicing?  Do they correspond to BMW services?
guest4915

Re: Police Bike Servicing Standards

Post by guest4915 »

From personal experience, I wouldn't get to precious about the history and servicing regime of police bikes. It obviously depends on different establishments, but they're not loved and nurtured like privately owned machines.
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

They will have been subject to a good oil change, brake pad and disc and fluid regime. All of the necessities. The mechanics who have a large fleet will be aware of potential problems.

Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Ragged all the time, why not, I'm not paying for it..  However on a positive note, the guys do service them when needed.  Still work well and respond well, all we have to do is clean 'em😎
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
Rennsport

Post by Rennsport »

The ABC servicing schedule is a military thing. A service is a safety check. B service is A + oil and filter and C service is pretty much everything. The general servicing for most vehicles nowadays is a minor service (kick tyres) then a major service (kick tyres harder).
I used to be a police motorcycle mechanic and we checked our fleet every month front to back. We had no breakdowns.