Shoei Neotec

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Hodge

Shoei Neotec

Post by Hodge »

Just a little tip for those like me who find that during the summer months you get a very hot bonce even with vents open.
The inner lining settles on your head and therein effectively shut off the cool air around the head.
If you place single sided foam 6mm deep strips between your lining and the hard foam shell you keep the air circulating and the difference is amazing.
Last edited by Hodge on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paggers

Re: Shoei Neotec

Post by Paggers »

Useful tip, thanks.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Good idea thanks!  Great helmet though.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Sprintgull wrote: Good idea thanks!  Great helmet though.

Good helmet, but a lot heavier than the Schberth C3 Pro. The Neatest has been around a while, when are they likely to update it?
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Casbar wrote:
Good helmet, but a lot heavier than the Schberth C3 Pro. The Neatest Neotec has been around a while, when are they likely to update it?

The Neotec is definitely heavier than the C3 Pro, although I would say not enough to notice when I am wearing it. I really wanted to like the C3, but they put so much effort into the aerodynamics that it has very little airflow within the helmet. The result is that - for a heavy breather like me at least - it's impossible to stop it fogging up without leaving the visor open a crack all the time. I used mine through one very miserable winter and then switched to the Neotec. It's far from perfect, but at least it doesn't fog up all the time. If Shoei did do an update I'm not sure I would bother, the current version of the Neotec seems to work fine, in a 'workhorse' sort of way.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Paggers wrote:
The Neotec is definitely heavier than the C3 Pro, although I would say not enough to notice when I am wearing it. I really wanted to like the C3, but they put so much effort into the aerodynamics that it has very little airflow within the helmet. The result is that - for a heavy breather like me at least - it's impossible to stop it fogging up without leaving the visor open a crack all the time. I used mine through one very miserable winter and then switched to the Neotec. It's far from perfect, but at least it doesn't fog up all the time. If Shoei did do an update I'm not sure I would bother, the current version of the Neotec seems to work fine, in a 'workhorse' sort of way.

I have both helmets, the Neotec is my everyday helmet, the Schuberth I use when blood biking. I don't have any issues with fogging with the Schuberth, guess I'm not a heavy breather :) But I still think the Neotec is heavier and it has a larger shell, which was an issue I had with the Schuberth, took a bit of fiddling to get my BT speakers to fit where they didn't push on my ears. And for the last part of my review, I think the visor action is a lot smoother with the C3 Pro and the flip locks a lot easier. But in general, love both helmets. Might try the tip for more air flow in the Neotec if the sun ever comes back, nearly roasted when I used it in Germany the end of June, very little air flow, especially on the RT. Oh and the Neotec is noisier as well, not by a lot, but is :)
Cas21

Post by Cas21 »

Hodge,
Without me sounding totally thick, I don't quite understand what you mean from a positioning point of view. Any chance of a picture showing it?
Thanks
SteveLindsell

Post by SteveLindsell »

Cas21 you're not alone!!!!
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Had a look at my helmet, what he is saying is, place the foam strips between the inside of the liner and the hard lining, so you are effectively lifting the liner 6mm away from the hard lining, so the liner doesn't compress against the hard polystyrene or whatever it is, thus the gap will allow air flow. Sounds like a good idea, going to give it a go.
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Spot on, Air can't get in if it can't go anywhere, so if you head is blocking the flow through then you don't get any cool air. Just lifting the lining off the hard inner poly shell makes huge difference.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

i have a neotec and a c3 and the neotec is much queiter, but heavier.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

ds99 wrote: i have a neotec and a c3 and the neotec is much queiter, but heavier.

I have a Neotec and a C3 Pro, but I find the C# Pro quieter and lighter than the Neotec.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

If anyone is looking for a Shoei Neotec in white, they are available for £300, discounted from £500.

Helmet City have them at £300, http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shoei-neote ... ena-offer/

and Infinity (Clearance) at York will price match, https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/pro ... loss-white

Last edited by David. on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

I guess thats because of the new Neotec 2
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Shoei Neotec II flip-front helmet review | First Impressions, https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/r ... mpressions