Motorcyle trip from Alberta, Canada to South Utah

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
mitcher16

Motorcyle trip from Alberta, Canada to South Utah

Post by mitcher16 »

Hi all
I took an amazing 9 day trip from home in Alberta down to South Utah to see the wonderful National Parks they have there. So many amazing roads and specatuclar scenery.
It was my first long ride on my 2015 RT...wow, what a machine! :)
Here is the link to my video of the trip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95002Dm-mnw
Cheers.
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Re: Motorcyle trip from Alberta, Canada to South Utah

Post by Sullivj »

WOW! What a great trip. How many miles did you cover in total?

I REALLY like your editing style. A super mix of fast video and stills. Some amazing scenery and the roads are SO quiet.

Such a sweet note from your child - I bet they missed you.

Thanks very much for sharing. Spectacular.

If anyone else hasn't seen it, make a cup of tea, sit back and enjoy the 15 minute ride.
mitcher16

Post by mitcher16 »

thx for the feedback and I am really glad you enjoyed it!
In total I think the trip was approximately 3500 miles. It took 9 days.
When travelling through Utah we did not put on many miles as there were so many place to see.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and safe riding!
Cheers.
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Great video, great roads, great scenery, great weather.
I'm just a little jealous .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Littlebriar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Littlebriar »

Great video! I really enjoyed it. Loved the music too. Will have to do some searching for those artists. You've really got me pumped for my ride in a couple weeks from Michigan to Wyoming, Banff, Montana, etc.
Thanks for sharing.
Steve
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

Great video, agreed!  I'm curious what kind of software you used to mix the video and stills, and were you using a GoPro camera?  I'm departing Portland, OR. this Friday for a trip to Yellowstone national park.  Would love to create a similar video myself when I get back.
BMW MOA #210438
mitcher16

Post by mitcher16 »

Littlebriar wrote: Great video! I really enjoyed it. Loved the music too. Will have to do some searching for those artists. You've really got me pumped for my ride in a couple weeks from Michigan to Wyoming, Banff, Montana, etc.
Thanks for sharing.
thanks! That sounds like a great ride you have planned as well! I live just East of Banff but make sure you ride Highway 40 from Longview to Kananaskis which is just east of Canmore. Or ride it in reverse on the way back. It is a spectacular highway with amazing views. Takes about 2 hours total. If you do that ride, stop in Black Diamond and have lunch at the Black Diamond Hotel. Very popular for bikers and great food/prices.

The first artist in my video is WiL. He is an amazing songwriter and one of the best acoustic guitar players I have ever seen. Website: https://ibreakstrings.com/

Cheers and have a great trip!
mitcher16

Post by mitcher16 »

timminator wrote: Great video, agreed! I'm curious what kind of software you used to mix the video and stills, and were you using a GoPro camera? I'm departing Portland, OR. this Friday for a trip to Yellowstone national park. Would love to create a similar video myself when I get back.
thanks Tim!
The software I used was CyberLink PowerDirector 15. Works really well and pretty easy to use after about an hour of mucking around. There are some good YouTube help videos.

My action cam is a cheap one from China called SJCAM. What I liked about that camera is it is the smallest one on the market, has a LCD screen, can shoot up to 4K as it has a high-end Sony sensor, has gyro stabilization plus you can use an external watch to control its functions. All for $130. I have been using it for over 2 years and it still works great!
Link: http://sjcamhd.com/sjcam-m20-camera/

Have a great trip! We came through Yellowstone on the way back a few weeks ago and it was super busy and lots of people stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures of squirrels if you can believe it so be careful!
Cheers.
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

mitcher16 wrote: thanks Tim!
The software I used was CyberLink PowerDirector 15. Works really well and pretty easy to use after about an hour of mucking around. There are some good YouTube help videos.

My action cam is a cheap one from China called SJCAM. What I liked about that camera is it is the smallest one on the market, has a LCD screen, can shoot up to 4K as it has a high-end Sony sensor, has gyro stabilization plus you can use an external watch to control its functions. All for $130. I have been using it for over 2 years and it still works great!
Link: http://sjcamhd.com/sjcam-m20-camera/

Have a great trip! We came through Yellowstone on the way back a few weeks ago and it was super busy and lots of people stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures of squirrels if you can believe it so be careful!
Cheers.
Thanks for the info regarding the software.  I have been a little worried about the traffic, and whether the Bison might think my RT is a rival and charge me!  The park may be especially busy during the eclipse, but I'm planning to stay around that cabin that morning.
BMW MOA #210438
mitcher16

Post by mitcher16 »

timminator wrote: Thanks for the info regarding the software. I have been a little worried about the traffic, and whether the Bison might think my RT is a rival and charge me! The park may be especially busy during the eclipse, but I'm planning to stay around that cabin that morning.
haha...yeah good plan for sure. Have a great time!
Cheers.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

I enjoyed watching the video, Thanks for sharing  :)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

mitcher16,
Great video! It brings back memories of my time spent touring the US National parks about five years ago with the family.....but in a four wheeled cage!! Our last tour in Colorado included a drive around the trail in Monument Valley. Not suitable for two wheels, but I can thoroughly recommend it to get up close to those impressive sandstone monoliths!