General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
F800GT

Re: TIME TO MOVE ON

Post by F800GT »

Enjoy and let us know how you enjoy your new ride
TRSRT

Post by TRSRT »

Sorry to see you go RTman but the new ride has 1 wheel too many.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Ride safe & Enjoy Jon
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Welcome back.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

David. wrote: Welcome back.

No he is not back again is he?  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I just like keeping my eye in but no.  RT was eventually moved on last month and we are now very much Spyder nuts.  Just can’t help answering the occasional query.
futterweasel

Post by futterweasel »

As we say In Norfolk CHEERIO BOR be
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

RTman10 wrote: I just like keeping my eye in but no.  RT was eventually moved on last month and we are now very much Spyder nuts.  Just can’t help answering the occasional query.

The forum has been a duller place since your absence
LAF

Post by LAF »

I too will have to move on eventually because of injury's.  I hate the thought of it though.

There is hope for me now as I just have seen this.  I will take this over a Spyder any day of the week and the cost will be a heck of a lot better with a decent dealer network.

It will grow on me and I really want this triple.  Will see how it rates when released.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/niken
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Don’t want to disappoint you but many trikers have looked st this and it has one fatal flaw over a conventional trike.  When you stop if you don’t get you feet down it falls over. So the extra wheel is pointless.
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

RTman10 wrote: Don’t want to disappoint you but many trikers have looked st this and it has one fatal flaw over a conventional trike.  When you stop if you don’t get you feet down it falls over. So the extra wheel is pointless.

Piaggio solved that problem years ago - the leaning mechanism can be locked as you come to a stop and it then releases automatically as you pull away.  Paris commuters never have to take their legs out of the waterproof covers, or get the Gucci loafers dirty.  If Yamaha haven't copied the locking trick they've made a big mistake.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You’re right, big mistake.  And I’ve just read they have bought the patent to another front system that looks even worse.  Maybe that one locks. The Piaggo is a small capacity machine and the locking system used might not be up to coping with a big trike. 
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

LAF wrote:
There is hope for me now as I just have seen this.  I will take this over a Spyder any day of the week and the cost will be a heck of a lot better with a decent dealer network.

It will grow on me and I really want this triple.  Will see how it rates when released.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/niken

That's a nice looking trike! I like that it still leans like a motorcycle rather than being a 3 wheeled car in disguise  8)

The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
LAF

Post by LAF »

This is the other Yamaha and is cool in it's own way also.

https://youtu.be/umfAdnSWB_o

Go to 9:35 of the clip and see it.  I love that suspension setup.

Anything beats a non leaning trike for me no matter where the two wheels are located, front or back.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

simbo wrote:
That's a nice looking trike! I like that it still leans like a motorcycle rather than being a 3 wheeled car in disguise  8)

That’s a bold statements.  In my limited experience of trikes there is nothing further from a car than a trike.  Just try riding one but not one with one front wheel.  They can be leathal.