Adding an Alarm Remote - LC 2014 onwards

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
tda2806

Adding an Alarm Remote - LC 2014 onwards

Post by tda2806 »

Having tried and failed to add another alarm remote key fob to my 2014 R1200RT following the instructions in the handbook, I had a lateral thought and looked at the instructions for the K1600GT. There it was, a whole step has been removed from the R1200RT instructions, about pressing button 2 on the remote with the ignition off, before switching on the ignition to add the new remote!

IMPORTANT There are no instructions on how to add an remote if you don't have access to an existing, active, linked remote. If anyone out there only has one remote, I suggest you buy another now and add it yourself as this might well be cheaper than the alternative dealer visit + the cost of another remote if your one remaining remote fails, get run over by a bus, eaten by the dog etc.

Below is the page from the K1600GT handbook, follow these steps and you can add a new remote without visiting your dealer
Attachments
Add Alarm Remote.pdf
(528 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Add Alarm Remote.pdf
(528 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Last edited by tda2806 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. Groucho Marx