Hard shell tank bag

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
DonVulpes

Hard shell tank bag

Post by DonVulpes »

Does anyone make one ?

Ideally I'd be looking for something with a similar locking system to my Bags Connection tank bag, where is can be locked to the bike from the inside.

I'm looking for something I can leave locked and secured to the bike for short stops, that's waterproof and about 2L in size. I've seen a fair few 'rigid' cases, but they are still vulnerable to a thief with a stanley knife/box cutter.
No matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always best.
tda2806

Re: Hard shell tank bag

Post by tda2806 »

I know that this isn't a tank bag, but something like this https://peliproducts.co.uk/1150-protector-case.html strapped to the rack and secured with a cable lock or permanently fixed using some diy brackets might be an idea.

If you want to fit it to the tank sw-motech will supply just the bag fitment and the tank ring and the bag fitment can be "locked" to the tank ring using an internal pin.

Tim.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. Groucho Marx
DonVulpes

Re: Hard shell tank bag

Post by DonVulpes »

That's the direction I went in the end.

I wasn't keen on the utilitarian look, so I opted for a smaller Otterbox ( although it's not much improvement )  and I'm doing exactly what you've suggested. I've already got a locking system for the tankbag, so once I buy the ring mount and attach it all, I should be able to secure it and lock it there.
No matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always best.