techno fobe comms question

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

techno fobe comms question

Post by BoB21 »

Hi All,
Looking to buy Shark evo one and need advice on comms never used comms b4. Got 17 plate without radio(Do not like music while riding),only need to speak to passenger,answer calls and  listen to prompts from navigator 5 . Occasionally connect to another rider with or without passenger not issue. Looking for answers specifically on what will work for me and fitting comms to evo one. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BoB21 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: techno fobe comms question

Post by beemerboy9 »

I don't have a Shark helmet so can't help directly. You do not tell us what helmet your wife wears.

Since you're new to comms, I would go to a decent local bike shop with your bike and other half and find something suitable. Don't pay any money until it is all working. All the major brands are pretty good for what you need- but you may need the local support if you get stuck. You could consider the Shark own brand which is made for them by one of the majors.

Hope this helps.

John

If you live anywhere near Kenilworth, then contact Chainspeed.
John Bentall
DonVulpes

Post by DonVulpes »

I can't speak for fitting to the Shark helmet, but I'm a big fan of Sena Bluetooth headsets. I've found them to be ideal for talking to my pillion, streaming music ( I know you don't do it, but your pillion might want to ) and will allow you to take prompts from the Nav too. They last a good few hours on charge and I've found them to be waterproof ( even though they don't state they are ) in heavy downpours.
No matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always best.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Ive used Cardo Scala BT for the last 8 years or so, not issues apart from the old one packing up. Now have a Packtalk set, brilliant kit, but they are all pretty much the same. Some like Sena, some swear by Scala.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Wife needs new helmet so dont know what she will get but it will have pink somewhere no doubt.