connection problems with connection between navigator V and Packtalk re MP3 play

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Paggers

Re: connection problems with connection between navigator V and Packtalk re MP3 play

Post by Paggers »

Casbar wrote:
Yes, I just unticked the Packtalk on the Nav as a shared bluetooth connection. On the phone front, I pair my phone directly with the Packtalk when riding other bikes, so I wouldn't miss the phone not showing on the Nav.
Sorry if I'm being a bit pedantic, just want to make sure I have got this right. Are you just turning off the Packtalk as a BT device on the Nav V or are you disabling BT entirely for the Nav V?
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: connection problems with connection between navigator V and Packtalk re MP3 play

Post by Casbar »

Paggers wrote: Sorry if I'm being a bit pedantic, just want to make sure I have got this right. Are you just turning off the Packtalk as a BT device on the Nav V or are you disabling BT entirely for the Nav V?

I went onto the Nav V bluetooth menu and unticked the Packtalk from the added devices
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Casbar wrote:
I went onto the Nav V bluetooth menu and unticked the Packtalk from the added devices
Ok, thanks. I'll give it another try but I'm fairly sure it doesn't work like that on my bike.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Paggers wrote: Ok, thanks. I'll give it another try but I'm fairly sure it doesn't work like that on my bike.

Which bit doesn't work like that? If you go to bluetooth on the Nav V, then where it shows connected devices, if you click on Packtalk, it brings up another screen, where you can untick Packtalk to disable the BT connection to the Packtalk
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

As stated above I usually connect my phone to the Nav V via BT then both the Nav V and the bike audio system to the helmet via the two Packtalk BT channels. When I last did a long run on the bike I did exactly what you describe, I disabled the BT connection between the Nav V and the Packtalk, leaving the phone connected via BT to the Nav V and the bike audio system connected to the Packtalk. At no point did I get navigation audio prompts via the BT channel from the bike audio system.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Paggers wrote: As stated above I usually connect my phone to the Nav V via BT then both the Nav V and the bike audio system to the helmet via the two Packtalk BT channels. When I last did a long run on the bike I did exactly what you describe, I disabled the BT connection between the Nav V and the Packtalk, leaving the phone connected via BT to the Nav V and the bike audio system connected to the Packtalk. At no point did I get navigation audio prompts via the BT channel from the bike audio system.

But if the phone was connected to the Nav V, it would not work, as the Nav V requires a BT connection from itself to a compatible BT headset, so when I disable the Packtalk BT to the Nav V, the phone doesn't connect to the Nav V or show up as connected on the screen. I have tested the setup John spoke about and it does work.

Try switching off the BT and putting on the bike speakers, you should then get music and Nav through the speakers, if that works, switch over to BT.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Did a 200 mile trip yesterday, played music from a stick the whole way, no distortion, only interruptions to music was when Nav talking or speed warnings. That is using Nav V, Packtalk and bike audio. So I had, Nav V BT to Packtalk, Bike BT to Packtalk, phone BT to Nav V. But then I have never had any issues with the audio. I did fit some Torx xpro speakers into my Helmet, massive improvement on volume and sound, lots more base.