ASC and ABS waring lights

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
pencile
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

ASC and ABS waring lights

Post by pencile »

I just changed the front tire on my 2014 1200rt. On the first roll out of the garage I noticed I didn't have any front break.  After pumping the brake a few times it seem to come back ok. I then started out and the bike felt like it wanted to buck..just a few times then it quit and soothed out and started to act normal.  But now I have an ABS self Dia warning light (solid) and a ASC slow flash self Dia warning.  I tried turning off the ASC control and restarting to avail.  Any ideas on what to do ?  Honestly, all I did was change the front tire!!  thanks!! 
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: ASC and ABS waring lights

Post by David. »

Has the front wheel ABS sensor got damaged.

The ASC works by comparing the speed of both the front & rear wheels via the ABS sensors.
Last edited by David. on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Did you take the ABS sensor (LH fork leg) out before removing the wheel?

pencile
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by pencile »

well after closer inspection, when they changed the tire the sensor ring got bent back quite a bit somehow.  I took the tire off again and took the ring off and between a few friends, it looks a lot better than it for sure.  (until I can get a new one)  I put it back on but won't try it until tomorrow.  The sensor itself looks ok.  The funny thing is the speedometer was working just fine the whole time.  Also I noticed the cruse control did not work.  I hope I don't need a GS-911 to clear the computer!