Garmin Nav 6 'My Motorcycle' App

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest4915

Re: Garmin Nav 6 'My Motorcycle' App

Post by guest4915 »

Casbar wrote: So did the my motorcycle app appear on the dealers stock then?
Apparently, the guys at BMW have tried a couple of MY17 bikes without success.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Very odd, will be interested in the outcome  8)
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

So here is the definitive answer from BMW:

The 'My Motorcycle' application is only made available on bikes with the factory audio/radio option.

It's only a software issue and they are working on an update patch for all compatible RTs and could be available mid 2018.

I would suggest to anyone interested that they badger their dealer and it might speed the process up.

Regards

Dave
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Well done and thanks for clearing that up. Amazed BMW couldn't have cleared it up earlier.I for one had asked my dealer . suppose that's what happens when you outsource to foreign countries.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

So the next question is, why does it work and incidentally started life on the GS.  Never seen one of them with an audio unit.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

RTman10 wrote: So the next question is, why does it work and incidentally started life on the GS.  Never seen one of them with an audio unit.

I don't see any logic behind it and the audio thing only relates to RTs
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Very interesting, and thanks for the information. I've rung BMW and Garmin myself in the past with no luck and my dealer wasn't very forthcoming, so maybe the mystery is unraveling! To be honest I'm not that worried about it but was curious when some owners said they had it on their bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jumpjet

Post by Jumpjet »

Has there been any update on getting the My Motorcycle app to work on the RTs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

I mentioned this when I took my bike for its first Major Service (12000 miles) at CW Motorrad Dorchester. Although they were very helpful otherwise they were unaware of any problem regarding the app, and knew nothing of a "patch".
What is certain is that it's not a Garmin problem. I think BMW aren't really interested. It's just strange that it works on GS's and not RT's.

guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

I think it's a case of accepting that it's not available on the RTs unless you've got the audio/radio option fitted. I can't really see the connection between that and the 'My Motorcycle' app, but that's how it is. For a £600 Sat Nav the features are terrible and it must be the worst value for money unit you can purchase.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Pickaxe wrote: I think it's a case of accepting that it's not available on the RTs unless you've got the audio/radio option fitted. I can't really see the connection between that and the 'My Motorcycle' app, but that's how it is. For a £600 Sat Nav the features are terrible and it must be the worst value for money unit you can purchase.
That's correct, took my Nav 5 from '14 without radio..... no My motorcycle. Put on '17 with radio.... Full My motorcycle features.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Jumpjet

Post by Jumpjet »

I have a '15 with full audio system and I do not get the extra apps that you get. I guess it was fixed for the '17 model years.
smileymiley wrote: That's correct, took my Nav 5 from '14 without radio..... no My motorcycle. Put on '17 with radio.... Full My motorcycle features.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B787MECH
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

smileymiley wrote: That's correct, took my Nav 5 from '14 without radio..... no My motorcycle. Put on '17 with radio.... Full My motorcycle features.
Yes, it's definitely not a Garmin issue but is a software issue on the bike. If I put my Nav V on a GS the App is there but not on my RT, a Dec 16 without Audio. Previously some owners without Audio have said that it works on their bikes and others have claimed that BM are going to issue a "patch" but nothing so far. To be honest I've given up with it!

smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

B787MECH wrote: Yes, it's definitely not a Garmin issue but is a software issue on the bike. If I put my Nav V on a GS the App is there but not on my RT, a Dec 16 without Audio. Previously some owners without Audio have said that it works on their bikes and others have claimed that BM are going to issue a "patch" but nothing so far. To be honest I've given up with it!

I never look for it to be honest, not really bothered about how many gear changes I've done or my maximum angle of lean!
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

For £600 I want it to tell me what I had for breakfast. ;)