Motorcycle Live 2017 - freebies, gizzits and bargains

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest5111

Motorcycle Live 2017 - freebies, gizzits and bargains

Post by guest5111 »

I need to tap into the collective brain that is the R1200RT Forum again. I'm off to MotorcycleLive at the NEC this week. Any advice, tips on where to grab bargains, give-aways and freebies? I'm all ears ...
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Re: Motorcycle Live 2017 - freebies, gizzits and bargains

Post by BoB21 »

You have been out of bike seen far to long!!!!! :))  You can get free side stand puck though.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Bennetts for a bag with a puk and neck scarf, BMW (and other manufacturers) for a lanyard, Wemoto usually give some sort of stuff ie pads and pens, none of it's worth carrying round for the day  :(
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

Thanks chaps. I think I've been spoiled by all the Trade Air Shows I've been to!
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Back2TheBike wrote: Thanks chaps. I think I've been spoiled by all the Trade Air Shows I've been to!

Motorcycling has moved on, they don't give much away anymore at shows and the big discounts you used to get on kit have almost disappeared as well.You can do better online.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Back2TheBike wrote: Thanks chaps. I think I've been spoiled by all the Trade Air Shows I've been to!

Ah, the days of Trade Air shows, remember bagging a flight in a Jetstream once.....
Now that was a freebie ☺
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

I wandered around the Farnborough Show with a pocket full of pin badges trading them for umbrellas, hats, pens ...
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

I went to Motorcycle Live on Saturday for the first time in ten years. It's a poor show compared with years gone by and if I hadn't been given the ticket, I'd probably not bothered.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

The problem is

a) you have to trek to Birmingham
b) it's always dark, and cold/raining

so you have to prat around with trains, or pay a wedge to park a car there

If they held it in early/mid Oct, before the clocks change it would be much easier to ride to.

Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

So why do they religiously stage this event every November, and not in the late summer??🙄🤔
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Probably to do with the new 2018 model launch.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

I rode there on the Sunday left at 6:30am from Portsmouth temperature  between 1 and 4 degrees. V.I.P parking free of charge. Why I spent money on bike in first place was  partly for  weather protection and to ride it. In all honesty was surprised by amount of bikes and distance traveled by riders of bikes less well equipped for that sort of journey. Rode most of way home seeing some guy on some sort of trail bike. 
ds99

Post by ds99 »

I rode there on the Sunday left at 6:30am from Portsmouth temperature  between 1 and 4 degrees
I would not go to that lengths to sit on a few motorcycles and get £20 off the RRP of a jacket
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

I didn't, went for technical advice mainly from different aftermarket suppliers and to talk to travel company's reps and of course the pleasure of riding my motorbike. (Appreciate a novel concept but we are all different). 
robparky
Great Britain

Post by robparky »

Rode to the NEC on Sunday - lovely weather, parked for free inside, short walk to the Halls, £15 ticket off a lady in the queue instead of exorbitant £25 on the day, £30 cheaper than best on Internet set of leather trousers with hip protectors negotiated as a freebie, met up with biker friends down from Liverpool  Spent thousands on new bikes in our heads. So all in all a good day out. But totally agree with most of what has been said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk