SatNav VI - Tracker App

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest5111

SatNav VI - Tracker App

Post by guest5111 »

Bored today, and roads still icy so playing with my SatNav VI. Trawling through the menus came across the Trascker App, and thought Mrs Back2TheBike might like to stalk me as I ride around. I followed the instructions on the SatNav to the letter, and set it up for a mock 4 hour ride. It sent me an email with a link that doesn't work either for PC or my iPad. I tried to find the Garmin Tracker app on iTunes (both in UK and US) but it seem snot to exist.

Anyone had any success with this? I'm still taking advantage of the 'I'm new here, but this doesn't seem to work' paradigm ....
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: SatNav VI - Tracker App

Post by Casbar »

Just read on UKGSER forum people are having the same issue with the Nav V at the moment. Possibly something broken at Garmin.
wethead

Post by wethead »

Is the Garmin VI much better than the V.

I am getting a new RT and I have a V from a previous RT and I was wondering if it would be a significant improvement to get the Garmin VI
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Plenty of reviews on UKGSER forum. General concessions seems to be, screen is a little clearer, but apart from that, it isn't a massive upgraded on the V. I considered changing for a nano second then decided as I already have a V and it navigates, there is no real justification for the extra cost. Most people do seem to be able to sell their V for around £350 depending on condition, so not a bad price if you want funds towards a VI.