Trip Plans For 2018

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
stayingupright

Trip Plans For 2018

Post by stayingupright »

Anyone going somewhere special (bike related) to make me jealous?

I'm still trying to make my mind up for next year but would like to get together and do a group trip of some sort.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Trip Plans For 2018

Post by daverj »

Portugal and Northern Spain in September. Organised tour sharing a room with a friend. Takes a lot of the hassle away and virtually guaranteed great hotels and facilities and a good crowd each evening to have a few beers with.
R1250RT LE
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

First trip in the planning stage - Jerez for the MotoGP in May. Route to be decided - my brother and I have been before, so are looking for a different (scenic ?) route - maybe via Torremolinos.
8)
Researching options for Romania in August or September. Transalpina, Transfagarasan, Bucharest and Constanta to see the Black Sea are all musts.  Might take some photos at "Dracula's castle".  If anybody has been to Romania, please PM me with any hints or tips .....
;)
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Hopefully the Picos in May/June :) Tried to do it a couple of years back but had to cancel as the better half wasn't well enough.... :(  things are looking much better now tho!
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Within the UK, there is a meet at Leicester planned for July, https://1200rt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1
Cas21

Post by Cas21 »

Ferry booked
Down through the vosages
Through Switzerland and doing the passes around Andermatt
Into Italy, again via the jaufenpass and timmelsjoch
Across the grossglockner
Back up to and through the black forest and then up through Luxembourg

Smiling just thinking about it!
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

David. wrote: Within the UK, there is a meet at Leicester planned for July, /viewtopic.php?t=1

Just booked the Leicester South Premier inn for Friday 6th.

I'm struggling to get any local bookings for the Saturday night for a reasonable price. Still lots more looking to do yet though or may just ride the extra 100 miles home.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
Harlequin

Post by Harlequin »

Still planning mine.... probably a shorter jaunt into tne ardennes, or Spa and Adenau, or Hartz.....
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Trip Plans For 2018

Post by B787MECH »

Returning to Spain, this time touring the Pyrenees and staying in the Paradors. Also planning North Coast 500, Normandy Beaches, and maybe a trip to Brno GP and Colditz/Wewelsburg castles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
paynes1
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

A long weekend in Scotland, May Bank Holiday.

Taken some friends to Colditz/Dresden/Buchenwalde  and Normandy beaches last couple of years, so going to Luxembourg for a week in July 2018.

Other trips still in early planning stage.

Steve P
futterweasel

Post by futterweasel »

Trip to the Dutch TT at Assen will be staying at Slagharen for a week about 50k from Assen with visits to Arnhem, Roermond and Wildenrath in Germany. Traveling on the chunnel on the way out and ferry from Calais on the way home. 
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Trip to Alps September for wife and I. 4 days dolomite's 4 days Tirol back through Switzerland and black forest.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Probably not abroad this year for too many reasons to list, I have many day / weekend trips in mind to plan, plus a ride the length of the a470, plus maybe the 3 peaks not using motorways or a roads.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

[size=14px]If you're looking to travel a little further this year, here's a suggestion. Pidcock Motorcycles run Rideaways to Europe every year and have done for over 30 years. In May the trip is to Boppard on the Rhein River. It's a 317 mile ride from Calais and all hotel and Eurotunnel bookings are done for you. The hotel is 4 Star and garaging is secure. Have a look at their website [/size][size=14px]www.pidcock.com[/size][size=14px] and click on Tours for full details.  There are only 5 double or twin rooms left unfortunately. [/size]
Attachments
0A5A5BF3-D3EE-46A9-955B-71FF4161697D.jpeg
tda2806

Post by tda2806 »

From south to north and then further.

Starting on the south coast, north via the west coast to John o'Groats (where else) and then on to Orkney to pay my respects to a Great Uncle and his shipmates who lost their lives when HMS Royal Oak was sunk at Scapa Flow. Taking another ferry journey to Shetland to get to the very north of the UK. The return journey will start with a 12 hour ferry crossing from Shetland to Aberdeen and from there via the east coast visiting friends in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Hertfordshire back to home. Initial plans are for mid May covering some 1500 miles and 10 days, allowing me a few days on Shetland to explore.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. Groucho Marx