Accessory socket issues

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Garysetch

Accessory socket issues

Post by Garysetch »

I ride a 2016LE. Prepping for a forthcoming camping holiday in France I find that none of my 12 volt accessories ie electric low pressure air pump (for my air bed) or high pressure tyre pump works for more than a few seconds. I assume this is all to do with the Can Bus electrics on the bike but it’s a pain in the axxx.
Any suggestions please!
Sprintgull

Re: Accessory socket issues

Post by Sprintgull »

I think the accessory sockets switch off pretty soon after the ignition is switched off.  Could it be that?
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

You are correct in that the accessory socket will not support your pump. Install an SAE connector to the battery & solve your problems.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Think the socket can only handle 10amp max load.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

I solved the issue by adding a DIN connector from powerlet just below pillion seat in the triangle plastic piece. It’s fused direct to battery, I have also installed one above the factory plug on another bike using the 24in kit from powerlet
Jim
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

T6pilot wrote: I solved the issue by adding a DIN connector from powerlet just below pillion seat in the triangle plastic piece. It’s fused direct to battery, I have also installed one above the factory plug on another bike using the 24in kit from powerlet
I did the exact same thing... .in the same triangle..left side...otherwise my heated gear would not work.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Blueboy
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

I had exactly the same problem Gary with my 12v pump, and as you say it just cuts out. Like the others, I attach it via the battery -ve terminal and jump start +ve post, seems to work. 
Garysetch

Post by Garysetch »

Thanks guys will try the direct to battery route!