April 2018 - Northern Monkeys Meet

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.

Where would you like to go?

North York Moors
25%
Yorkshire Wolds
25%
Forest of Bowland
No votes
Yorkshire Dales
No votes
Lincolnshire Wolds
50%
Ice Cream Parlours
No votes
Railways Stations
No votes
Canals
No votes
Dambusters
No votes

Total votes: 4

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: April 2018 - Northern Monkeys Meet

Post by simbo »

michaelc2710 wrote: There seems to be two start point's ' Morrisons Selby' or The waterways' now i'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but even I know that wouldn't work.
:-\

It might be an idea if me and you meet David at Selby for a p&t stop then head down to meet Chris at the waterways for breakfast? Then carry on the route to Willingham woods area, where Chris could make his way home with it bring local ish? We could head back following the red route. Possibly fit better with us all coming from different directions. There's a good few weeks to fine tune everything 👍
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: It might be an idea if me and you meet David at Selby for a p&t stop then head down to meet Chris at the waterways for breakfast? Then carry on the route to Willingham woods area, where Chris could make his way home with it bring local ish? We could head back following the red route. Possibly fit better with us all coming from different directions. There's a good few weeks to fine tune everything 👍
No worries, I'll give this one a miss as I'm up there all the time anyway.
Chris
paynes1
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

Hi
I live relatively close to Willingham Woods and might be able to meet there for a cuppa subject to date and time.

Any info please?

Steve P
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

paynes1 wrote:I live relatively close to Willingham Woods and might be able to meet there for a cuppa subject to date and time. Any info please?
Hi Steve, at the moment, the date is not fixed, keep an eye on the thread for further info.
The NM's day rides are usually on a Saturday. On this occasion, (Easter) Sunday 1st April has been mentioned.

With respect to time, it looks like you are about an hour South of Willingham Woods.
For us Northern Monkeys, there is a P&T stop planned on the outskirts of Scunthorpe, this is also about an hour from Willingham Woods.
If we were to leave Selby at say 10:30, our ETA at Willingham Woods would be around 13:00.

Should the ride go ahead, if you'd be happy to PM me your mobile no., I could text or call you with a more accurate ETA from Scunthorpe.
Last edited by David. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tones

Post by Tones »

Just a thought for a couple of stops depending on a ‘run’ route. If near Hornsea, the cafe at the mere does excellent local produce breakfasts, also for trough of bowland/Dunlop bridge, the hark to bounty pub in Slaidburn does great food.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Tones wrote: Just a thought for a couple of stops depending on a ‘run’ route. If near Hornsea, the cafe at the mere does excellent local produce breakfasts, also for trough of bowland/Dunlop bridge, the hark to bounty pub in Slaidburn does great food.

The 'Country Kitchen' on Slaidburn rd, Waddington, do a cracking breakfast too Image
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Tones wrote:If near Hornsea, the cafe at the mere does excellent local produce breakfasts.
The Yorkshire Wolds v.2 route goes to Hornsea, if folks would prefer a breakfast to a chippy, the mere café could easily be the destination.
Last edited by David. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:The 'Country Kitchen' on Slaidburn rd, Waddington, do a cracking breakfast too.
Tones wrote:For Trough of Bowland/Dunsop Bridge, the Hark to Bounty pub in Slaidburn does great food.
Either Waddington or Slaidburn would make a suitable destination for the Trough of Bowland route, have been to Dunsop Bridge a few times now.
Last edited by David. on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Based on mileage & time, was thinking that the Trough of Bowland might be the best option for the first ride of the season.

The North York Moors would be even better, closer to home for me.
Last edited by David. on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
paynes1
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

Hi David
Thanks for that. I'll watch for some dates etc then send my details if it looks like I should be able to make it.

Steve P
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: Have we ever been around the Willingham woods area?
Did a fair bit of that route today. Winter sun, dry salt free roads,  90 degree bends and virtually traffic free. Nirvana and a treat in store. Only thing missing was the mountains.
Chris
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

k9doc wrote: Did a fair bit of that route today. Winter sun, dry salt free roads,  90 degree bends and virtually traffic free. Nirvana and a treat in store. Only thing missing was the mountains.

Lucky blighter! I'll retire one day!! Probably at lunchtime the day I snuff it  ??? 

ps. Last time I was over there we stopped at a truckers cafe in a lay-by for a brew, Can't remember where it was for the life of me though? I seem to remember something yellow? possibly the cafe? or it could have been the fella's VL1500 I was chatting to?... Now then, What did I come out of the garage for? Ah yes! my tape measure!! Now then, where did I leave that damn tape measure?? Later Image
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: Lucky blighter! I'll retire one day!!
Cuts both ways. Probably be driverless electric bikes for the younglings of today in a few years time and a National Limit of 30 mph. How's about a 'Dyson RT1200'.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Well, the good news is that my RT has been fired up today & will be taxed from Sunday 1st April.

The bad news is that the weather forecast for Sunday isn't good & most of the regular NM's are not available.

Will take each weekend as it comes, with a view to getting out on the first decent Saturday in the month.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: Will take each weekend as it comes, with a view to getting out on the first decent Saturday in the month.

Image  Image