April 2018 - Northern Monkeys Meet

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.

Where would you like to go?

North York Moors
25%
Yorkshire Wolds
25%
Forest of Bowland
No votes
Yorkshire Dales
No votes
Lincolnshire Wolds
50%
Ice Cream Parlours
No votes
Railways Stations
No votes
Canals
No votes
Dambusters
No votes

Total votes: 4

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: April 2018 - Northern Monkeys Meet

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: Last time out, a box of fish & chips fed three of us.

I did feel a bit of a tight arse after that! :-(  I'll get two between the four of us on the next chippy stop ;-)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:I'll get two between the four of us on the next chippy stop.
Now k9doc is back, that'll cost you at Hornsea, best go to the quality chippy (owned by Harpers of Wetwang),  not the budget one on the sea front.
Last edited by David. on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

David. wrote: Now k9doc is back, that'll cost you at Hornsea, best go to the quality chippy (owned by Harpers of Wetwang),not the budget one on the sea front.
NHS guidelines for Type 2 Diabetes says a maximum of 14 chips (tis true). That's not enough to notice any difference so no worries on that score. Have I missed something?
Is simbo now catering manager/provider as well as official photographer and pi$$ taker, or has the photographic portfolio been handed to michael to complement the video documentation portfolio.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

For a successful ride out, everyone has a role to play, just need a recruitment manager now.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Only 50 odd days now till the first 'NM' meet of twenty eighteen (notice the H-D reference to the dates there? ;-)..)  Any idea's on who's organising the route and meeting point? Have we ever been around the Willingham woods area? Could be a possible for our first ride out? Usually a 200-300 mile day out for me taking in different brew points  ;)  Which could be useful in getting my arse up to speed before May's jaunt to France  :)  any of you guys got any idea's in the planning?
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: Only 50 odd days now till the first 'NM' meet of twenty eighteen (notice the H-D reference to the dates there? ;-)..)  Any idea's on who's organising the route and meeting point? Have we ever been around the Willingham woods area? Could be a possible for our first ride out? Usually a 200-300 mile day out for me taking in different brew points  ;)  Which could be useful in getting my arse up to speed before May's jaunt to France  :)  any of you guys got any idea's in the planning?
Willingham Woods would put us in the Lincolnshire Wolds area which is one of my favourite regular haunts and full of really good biker roads if you aren't familiar. If you are, then apologies. Mostly National Limit virtually deserted roads with less than moderate police activity, perhaps more when there's an event at Cadwell (7/8th no events).

Not sure if it would work as a NM event if we take Wetherby as our normal start but if others are up for it then I'd be happy to take it on. Yorkshire Waterways Museum might work as a start point for this one.
We were discussing earlier (and D has done some work on routes for) a rerun of the Yorkshire Wolds or possibly points West starting from Wetherby but other suggestions I'm sure would be welcome.

As to dates, so far for me, any weekend other than Sunday 1st or 28/29th April but if you go then I'll hopefully catch the next one.
Last edited by k9doc on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Willingham Woods, looks like the perfect P&T stop, if in doubt, go behind the trees or in the phone box.

Morrisons at Selby might work as a start/finish point & keep the boys happy with breakfast.
Last edited by David. on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:Any idea's on who's organising the route and meeting point? Have we ever been around the Willingham woods area? Could be a possible for our first ride out? Any of you guys got any idea's in the planning?
k9doc wrote:Willingham Woods would put us in the Lincolnshire Wolds area which is one of my favourite regular haunts and full of really good biker roads if you aren't familiar.

Not sure if it would work as a NM event if we take Wetherby as our normal start but if others are up for it then I'd be happy to take it on. Yorkshire Waterways Museum might work as a start point for this one.
An offering has been made via email, starting & finishing at Morrisons Selby.
Last edited by David. on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:Usually a 200-300 mile day out for me taking in different brew points.
The offering is 275 miles for me, in a riding time of nearly 6 hours, plus P&T stops, might be a little ambitious for the first ride of the season.

If it does go ahead, Selby to Willingham Woods is 78.5 miles in 2 hours riding time with a P&T stop at Epworth. Returning to Selby would be 57.4 miles in 1 hour 12 mins.

Would need to be a decent day weather-wise, with plenty of daylight hours.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: An offering has been made via email, starting & finishing at Morrisons Selby.
I'll have a look when I get home 👍 can't view .gdb files on my phone . Only .gpx :-(
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

David. wrote: An offering has been made via email, starting & finishing at Morrisons Selby.

I don't seam to have the route yet guy's  :(  are you trying to tell me something???
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

There seems to be two start point's ' Morrisons Selby' or The waterways' now i'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but even I know that wouldn't work.
:-\
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

michaelc2710 wrote:There seems to be two start point's ' Morrisons Selby' or The waterways' now i'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but even I know that wouldn't work.
Morrisons Selby to the Waterways Museum (near Goole) is just less than half an hour. Depending on your home location & desire for breakfast, one may suit better than the other. Morrisons Selby opens at 8am, the Waterways café doesn't open until 10am, "the choice is yours".

Heading from "Up North", my preferred starting point would be Selby. Could always call in at the Waterways Museum if necessary. Last year, a local joined us at Goole, it worked out ok.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

michaelc2710 wrote:I don't seem to have the route yet guy's.
Another offering has kindly been made by someone with more knowledge of the area than myself. The outward route had been modified to accommodate this, whilst the return route has remained the same. I'll email this to you & others who have expressed an interest in the ride.
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Cheers David, I'll import the route when I get home and have a noisy.