System 7 helmet review

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Goodbuyspeed

System 7 helmet review

Post by Goodbuyspeed »

was thinking about replacing my helmet for the system 7 anyone out there got any feedback ?
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Re: System 7 helmet review

Post by Ganesh »

Just got the System to replace an old Shoei which is very comfortable but a feels slightly heavier than the 7. I took a size M 56-57 shell, although on the Shoei I'm a S 55-56 shell.
Not spent too many hours with it but I found the cheek pads and the front section narrower and pinches more than the Shoei. Trying a bit of the ski boot technique on the padding to give a bit more room.
I have a Sena headset and it was a bit of a fiddle to get the lining out to install the speakers and the mike. The clamp fitting doesn't work on this style so needed to use the adhesive mount.
Took the chin shield out as it kept getting in the way, doesn't seem to have made a huge difference. Probably more noticeable with a an open bike where there is more wind hitting you in the face.
The helmet does seem quieter and lighter, haven't had the opportunity to use the sun visor, however it does seem easy to operate.
I'll have to see how the bedding in process goes, haven't taken to it quite as well as the Shoei, maybe shape of head is better suited to a Shoei.
Recomendation is you have to try it on.

thanks and regards, Ganesh
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: System 7 helmet review

Post by Casbar »

Tried a Neotec 2 on last week, really liked it, might have to replace my Neotec  8)