Helmet Camera

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Helmet Camera

Post by Steve F »

Doesn’t the Drift 4K function with a plugged in power supply? Surely then, no need to rely on batteries is there, or did I misread an earlier post? ???
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

jjwill wrote: I bought a drift S but returned it to the shop as it always was malfunctioning.  They agreed to take it back and I bought a 4k which I have been using for 9 months with a 64 Gb card and so far have had no problems.  I probably use it approx. 3 times a week.  Results have been good.  Before my next trip i will get a long life 1500 mah battery.

Good to see a positive review of the 4k  8)
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

The only problem I have with the 4k is with the remote supplied with the camera. While it appears to work well, the buttons are too small (for motorcycle gloves). The strap is also miles too short.

I do like the option to adjust the mic sensitivity. It is a lot easier to take on and off

The battery is a bit of an unknown issue to me at the moment but I will get myself a 1500ma battery soon.

If I was looking again for a vlogging setup then I would stay with the 4k. The Sena does look like very good value though.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

So plan B, I found a post that showed Paggers with 2 Roadhawk cameras fitted to the bike, one front and one rear, which looks ideal. I could then also have a mount on my helmet for when I'm not riding my own bike. I could take one of the mounted cams and put it in the helmet clamp. One question I have, you guys that have fitted cameras to your bike, do you remove them if parked overnight? I see some that are mounted have cable ties around them for security on the mount I guess.
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Just ordered one of these..

https://www.motardinn.com/motorcycle-eq ... lsrc=aw.ds

Keep an eye on the site if you want one, as the price fluctuates daily. It was £91.00 when I ordered it earlier - it's £100 now. Did the same yesterday too.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I use a ghost on my system 6 lid,  no issues
Decent battery life and carry spare battery's if out all day
vx5r

Post by vx5r »

I had the same issues and settled on a Sena 20S radio and a Sena Prism.  Mounted the 20S on the left of my Schuberth C2 and the Prism on the right.  The 20S controls the Prism including taking pictures and changing the mode.  Can do pictures, time lapse, video and burst all while riding.  The battery in the Prism lasted about six hours of use and longer if I cycled it off from the20S when nothing was suitable.
  My son and I went to Alaska from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this last Summer and I took over 2200 pictures and videos!  I highly recommend the unit.
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

I have a Ghost S that I am planning to attach to my helmet for use on the bike, along with a Poweradd Pilot X7 Power Bank, is this the kind of power pack mentioned earlier or am a I way up the wrong road? I was told that the Poweradd is only for charging phones and ipads........
Thanks for any guidance.
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ganesh »

I have a variety of powerpacks and charge anything that has a usb or micro usb charge port with them. Only issue is the capacity and charge rate of the power pack and the needs of the unit being charged.
thanks and regards, Ganesh
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

I use a Ghost S with a couple of spare batteries. If I need extra, I use a screwfix "powerbank" that was free some months ago.
For general riding the camera is under the headlight with power from the aux socket and used in "car" mode. i.e. start and stop with powere on/off and loop recording.
No problems so far. Apart from the few corrupted recordings last year in Scotland (see earlier posting) that seem to be down to the SD card.
Hope this is helpful
:)