What did you do today?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Re: What did you do today?

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: Went picking my new (to me) Winter hack up  8)  It's a 2007 V-Strom 650 Touring. What a pleasure to ride!
Good move, can't see the old RT getting much road time now. Do we need a subsection?
I agree, they are an absolute joy to ride. Considering lack of plastic, I find motorway speeds no problem with buffeting or noise but I do have a Touratwat little flip thing on top of the screen, a relic from my GS days. Sometimes even forget to put my visor down and 65 mpg so plenty of range.
:thumbs:
Chris
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Maz12 wrote: Seat looks comfy

It's not too bad at all for a stock seat in fairness, It also came with a DL1000 seat which is an Inch thicker/higher and slightly wider than the 650's, I'll probably sell that though, along with the panniers and associated scaffolding, I have the RT for touring and holidays, so the Strom doesn't need any carrying capacity other than a flask of coffee and waterproofs which will fit in the top box. Cracking bike though! Can't wait to get out on in tomorrow and put it through it's paces    :)  It's only just had a new pair of PR4 Trails on it too, It'll be interesting to see how they perform?
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

k9doc wrote: Good move, can't see the old RT getting much road time now. Do we need a subsection?
I agree, they are an absolute joy to ride. Considering lack of plastic, I find motorway speeds no problem with buffeting or noise but I do have a Touratwat little flip thing on top of the screen, a relic from my GS days. Sometimes even forget to put my visor down and 65 mpg so plenty of range.
:thumbs:

You're to blame for spending my money!  Image  Just need an 05+ R6 now and my biking options will be complete  :)
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: You're to blame for spending my money!  Image  Just need an 05+ R6 now and my biking options will be complete  :)
Don't think you'll be needing any more bikes and you can sell all the others in your stable. Plenty do 2 up fully loaded tours on the WeeSTrom so I'm saving you loads. Might even be fish 'n chips between 2 twice.  :) 
Chris
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Took my 2012 for an MOT.

Quick look over and pass as expected.

Nice to be riding pain free, with my new titanium hip.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Sullivj wrote: titanium hip.
At least that's one thing on the RT which shouldn't disintegrate if it gets wet. Congrats on what is obviously a good recovery post surgery.
Chris
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Sullivj wrote: Took my 2012 for an MOT.

Quick look over and pass as expected.

Nice to be riding pain free, with my new titanium hip.

Nice one! or 2 depending how you think about things lol It doesn't matter how confident or well maintained your bike is? there's always an element of doubt whether the MOT man is a complete and utter cock!?  Glad to see you back on the bike so soon after your op! Best wishes. 
Sullivj
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Thanks chaps.

I'm 6 weeks into recovery after my new hip.

I haven't ridden since October, as it got too painful, and I actually got stuck on the RT, because the pain was so bad!

Anyway, that's what finally inspired me to get it sorted.

My first ride after surgery was AMAZING. To ride without pain for the first time in about 5 years, felt truly fiantastic. I felt like I could happily ride the bike all day. It's hard to explain how good that felt.

I've been doing all of the exercises religiously and got myself an excercise bike to help strengthen the muscles around my new joint. I've done 3x 4km each day from about week 2, and that's helped me to lose over a stone since the Op.

I'm just getting ready to go out on the bike again. I feel like a kid with a new toy - I can't get enough of the bike at the moment.
Last edited by Sullivj on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Sullivj wrote: ..... I'm just getting ready to go out on the bike again. I feel like a kid with a new toy - I can't get enough of the bike at the moment.

ENJOY !!  😊
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Well done and welcome to the Airport Security Dance Club.  I've got a titanium hip too and the difference was amazing.  Good quick recovery too.  I found that it was the soft tissue that took the time to sort itself out.  My hip is on the top of a rod that goes down almost all of the femur.  Sets the airport thingy off every time.  So I carry a print of the x-ray which seems to help and also have shoes, belt, etc all off before I get anywhere near the scanner.  Used to it now, never had a problem beyond the usual pat-down and scan with the wand.  On the bike?  No problem at all.  I do 500+ mile days with no problem.

A postscript:  This hip was an upgrade from a previous stainless steel item that did not work.  First comment from my kids were that they were pleased my scrap value had increased. :)
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

The usual, Went to work  :(  then came home and stripped the Wee Stroms front calipers down ready for new seals & pistons  :)
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Threw a 'sickie'  :)  (only my second unauthorized day off in ten years) and fitted a little Image to the H-D before taking it for the obligatory bimble in the sunshine.
Flush mount gas cap and LED fuel gauge and an Analogue rev counter with digital speedo (that can switch between kmh & mph)  ;)  it also has 600 different colour variations.

pwbike
Been liked: 1 time

Post by pwbike »

I finished a tool roll for my R1200RT LC. It's a copy of the Touratech B1 tool kit. I'm just waiting on the arrival of an E8 socket and a front axle tool.
Partly made
[attachimg=1]

Finished - Open
[attachimg=2]

Finished - Rolled
[attachimg=3]
Attachments
tool-roll-3.png
tool-roll-2.png
tool-roll-1.png
Peter
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Went for guided tour of the Vulcan Bomber at Wellesbourne airfield /touchdown cafe for Tewkesbury team we even managed to get in the cafe. They let us park our bikes in front of bomber for photos . sorry I've no idea how to post them. Very much well worth a visit and only  £10 donation.
Sullivj
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Took the Mrs on her first ever pillion ride. She really enjoyed it, so thankfully the money spent on her gear, isn't wasted!

She's even planning our first short break.