What did you do today?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Doctor T »

Looked out the window, saw the Dog was Peeing icicles and said to myself sod this and went back to bed(05:30)
149.jpg
149.jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Rode to Whiteway at Berry Hill yesterday. Found the road a bit slippery. Arrived just before 11:00 am and had only 5 bikes there, by 1 pm there were over 40 bikes. Met with some that i hadn't seen since before Xmas. Lots of kisses from Charlie the Westie. And saw lots of Chaffinches. Beautifully little birds. Some idiots moaned that it was cold, it was 7c but if they wore the correct clothes they wouldnt moan. Lots of salt on the roads by a good few hours out
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Call me mad, as most do. I decided to get out of the house and thought I'd take a ride to Winchester. The temperature was 2c but with no wind. All layed up, grips and seat on full and off i headed. Pottered about on the B roads until i got there. Had an interesting walk around. The cathedral is stunning even had the chance to see the Magna Carta once the Chinese tourists had moved on, then followed by a nice full English breakfast. What an old city. Well worth the ride. On the way back the temperature hit a massive 4c.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Today i finished Artie and he is all ready for the road once spring is here.
I normally do one bit at a time when i buy the part to go on the bike.
This time i fitted all the bits at the same time. I must say i did not enjoy doing it like this.
But at least its done and i can get on with riding it.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Fitting all the bits and pieces helps you understand the bike more. Love to tinker and tickle her bits. ;)
Ed Harley
Bike Model and Year: 2013 R1200RT
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 50 times
Finland

Post by Ed Harley »

Got myself a new jacket, Dainese Ladakh.

I think I'll call it Lada...

https://www.dainese.com/us/en/motorbike ... 54644.html

1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR | 2016 FLSTC | Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XRT
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Like the look of that. The colour makes a change from the usual black.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

well the past 3 days i've been stuck indoors with the flu. Been watching loads of old "Car SOS" on the TV.
Woke up at 2.30am this morning, coughing more and my joints hurting.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I took another bike for a test this morning. This time a Ducati V2s tour Multi. This is doing my head in looking for a second bike. There seems to be loads of offers out there. Loved this one too, everything was just in the right place and that induction noise was fantastic. 4 years warranty on this one as well.
Picking up the MT 10sp this afternoon for that long weekend test. If it's dry then it's Sammy Millers on Saturday and maybe the Motorbike museum on Sunday in Coventry.
Life is hard to spend my cash but it is a fun challenge
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 88 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

1st time on my bike since November due to my shoulder injury (Posterior dislocation), I did a 30 mile round trip. Apart from a slight stretch to muscles around the shoulder blade all OK.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

MT 10 sp is off the list. After 50 miles yesterday the bike stopped and wouldn't start again. The dealer came out in their van to check all the usual things. After spending 40 minutes fiddling about the computer said NO, f**ked..The ECU had fried itself. This is the 3rd he's had happen in the last 6 weeks. The bike only had 1248 miles on the clock. Apparently the ECU for the other 2 are on back order.
The bike only had 1248 miles on the clock. Apparently the ECU for the other 2 are on back order. Ive searched the net for this problem and can't find this problem raised.

In my 50 mile ride i did find the switch gear feedback was not the quality i was looking for. As usual looking around the bike, i found many bin parts across the fitting. The first problem i found was the cruise control didn't work, this was the same for the heated grips as well. May have been due to the ECU.
Think ive got too used to the feel of quality and reliability of BMW and Triumph bikes that ive owned. Lets see how the Ducati gets on
Old Foxy
Subscriber
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times
Great Britain

Post by Old Foxy »

With a "drying track", I took out my little Panther, as she does not mind getting a bit wet. Just as well, 'cos quite a few roads were still flooded and required a bit of "wading". I thought the sign at Swallowfield (company name, not a danger sign) was quite appropriate. The R1250RT remained in the garage, on life support, until the weather gets better (drier)!

Old Foxy
Attachments
Swallowfield.jpg
Swallowfield.jpg (278.43 KiB) Viewed 727 times
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 88 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

Doctor T wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:14 pm MT 10 sp is off the list.
So the Lego model it is then.
SimonD
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by SimonD »

Shame about your MT-10 experience. Presumably there is a bad batch of ECUs, it's not one I've heard of before. Interesting too to hear about the switchgear. The last Yamaha I rode was an XSR900 but I have no recollection of the switchgear.

Strangely it is one of the few things that I dislike about my RT (early TC). It feels cheap and nasty + I'm never sure whether I have actually pressed a button successfully. From memory the older BMW stuff was much better - even if it took a bit of getting used to.

My old Buell has Harley switchgear which is of very high quality but the two button indicator operation (similar to old BMWs) doesn't work well with a lean forward riding position.
The Ulysses has cheap Italian made generic stuff which looks shite but actually works the best of the lot.
Ed Harley
Bike Model and Year: 2013 R1200RT
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 50 times
Finland

Post by Ed Harley »

After getting the Dainese jacket above I have been looking for a full suit for a while.

By accident I found a secondhand Rukka Rimo R suit. It has been worn only few times last summer and it is like new. Price was under half of what a new suit costs so I'm quite pleased.

Now I think I have gear for the rest of my riding years. Well, I could use new boots for riding with Harleys ... and perhaps that Arai RX-7 still... :mrgreen:

Image Image
1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR | 2016 FLSTC | Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XRT