spotted on ebay...

[size=2px]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1200RT- ... 3066738466[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Re: pannier inner bags for sale (uk)

Post by temesvar »

I bought a set of those, over a year ago. Good quality, fairly priced, can say nothing bad about them.
It may be just me, but I find no use for them. The panniers are easy to remove, and carry them to your room.
So why the bags, that reduces the volume of the panniers? JMHO
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Yeah, it’s just you temesvar!😉 I go touring with my clothes etc packed in similar liners, just the job for carrying to your hotel/B&B room instead of lugging round the solid plastic panniers!🙂Simples!
ds99

Post by ds99 »

panniers weigh a ton. it's MUCH easier to carry these things. especially when it's 38 degrees C and the bike is a walk up stairs to your room
BoB21
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 38 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

You can also take bags out and put helmet gloves etc in and save a juggling act checking in /out.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Must say I have to agree with the last three posts. For me it’s mainly a weight thing, then there is the possibility of lugging filthy panniers into a hotel or some nice spotless B and B. No, far easier to use inners (IMHO).
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Our Gee wrote: Must say I have to agree with the last three posts. For me it’s mainly a weight thing, then there is the possibility of lugging filthy panniers into a hotel or some nice spotless B and B. No, far easier to use inners (IMHO).
+1
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
futterweasel

Post by futterweasel »

I have an identical pair for my bmw, keep clothes together, his&hers etc, much lighter to carry, don't scuff your hard case's on walls/corridors, well made, they make life easier, 
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Can be had for only £4 more brand new.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

temesvar wrote: It may be just me, but I find no use for them.
It must be just you.
The last thing either myself or the hotelier wants is a pair of dirty panniers contaminating their rooms. Also the bulk of these things getting scratched going through doorways. Also damaging the wallpaper etc. It is just not practical. Even a plastic carrier bag is better than the full pannier.
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ganesh »

I had considered the liners, instead use the ziplock type storage bags and a carrier bag or back pack. The ziplocks are great as you squash the air out and takes up much less space. Found them very useful when flying using only hand luggage as bike parking is free at Heathrow empty the panniers and top box into a backpack put the bike gear in and walk across.
thanks and regards, Ganesh
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Ganesh wrote: I had considered the liners, instead use the ziplock type storage bags and a carrier bag or back pack. The ziplocks are great as you squash the air out and takes up much less space.
Great tip
paynes1
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

Ganesh wrote: I had considered the liners, instead use the ziplock type storage bags and a carrier bag or back pack. The ziplocks are great as you squash the air out and takes up much less space. Found them very useful when flying using only hand luggage as bike parking is free at Heathrow empty the panniers and top box into a backpack put the bike gear in and walk across.
I use the ziplock bags but in the pannier bags.  Together thay make an excellent way of cramming as much as possible into the panniers when I go touring.  Also, the bags mean that I don't have to carry the heavy panniers into hotels/B&Bs and risk bashing either them or the doors etc.

Steve P
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Ganesh wrote: instead use the ziplock type storage bags and a carrier bag or back pack.

I did try some of those larger bags which you put blankets or clothes in, then use a vacuum cleaner to evacuate the air. It was a good idea, but the bags I used, let the air back in again and wouldn't hold a vacuum. :(