General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Re: What can you tell me about the 2017 RT--good or bad

Post by simbo »

temesvar wrote: Will give an example, and I hope you will not jump all over for:
Have your car next to a farm tractor! Your car, ( I hope) is a fine, refined street machine!
The tractor is a agricultural machine! The car is smooth, quiet when it takes off. The tractor
is noisy, shakes when in gear, in other words, "agricultural" which is fine for what it was built!
And that is the best I can do! :kacsint2:

You could have just said 'like a 'Harley Davidson'  ;) 
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

simbo wrote:
You could have just said 'like a 'Harley Davidson'  ;)
:enjoying: :alas:
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

simbo wrote: You could have just said 'like a 'Harley Davidson' ;)
Harley are fine for what they were built also, so may be a misunderstanding. :be happy:
But lets not bash a brand while make the other look better. Harleys have come a long
way, and most riders are nice people. Never judge a book by the cover, or a rider by his bike! :kacsint2:
wethead

Post by wethead »

temesvar wrote: Will give an example, and I hope you will not jump all over for:
Have your car next to a farm tractor! Your car, ( I hope) is a fine, refined street machine!
The tractor is a agricultural machine! The car is smooth, quiet when it takes off. The tractor
is noisy, shakes when in gear, in other words, "agricultural" which is fine for what it was built!
And that is the best I can do! :kacsint2:

I get it. The boxer has been referred to as a 'tractor' engine, and thus, ah! the 'agricultural', ha!, I get it. funny!

I hope you don't mind if I use that line in the future cause its funny, though, maybe not as relevant anymore with these sophisticated RT/s nowadays. You could call my 'oil-head' a farm vehicle and it would fit the racket it made. It sounded like a diesel.

Last edited by wethead on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

wethead wrote: I get it. The boxer has been referred to as a 'tractor' engine, and thus, ah! the 'agricultural', ha!, I get it. funny!
I hope you don't mind if I use that line in the future cause its funny, though, maybe not as relevant anymore with these sophisticated RT/s nowadays. You could call my 'oil-head' a farm vehicle and it would fit the racket it made. It sounded like a diesel.
My present bike is a hexhead, therefore a boxer! It is smooth, quiet and is all I want in a motorcycle.
Whatever your conclusions are. is your problem. Am not going to try explain anything for you, as it appears to
be like pissing against the wind! This is the last you will hear from me!
wethead

Post by wethead »

temesvar wrote: My present bike is a hexhead, therefore a boxer! It is smooth, quiet and is all I want in a motorcycle.
Whatever your conclusions are. is your problem. Am not going to try explain anything for you, as it appears to
be like pissing against the wind! This is the last you will hear from me!

I am with you here. I don't think we are hearing each other. There appears to be a comprehension barrier. Could be culture, language, education, upbringing, whatever it is, seems like throwing in the towel would be the sensible thing to do. Maybe in the next topic.
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.