Alternative to Clearwater lights

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Alternative to Clearwater lights

Post by Casbar »

To get them to switch off independently, you need to connect one light to each output, so use two channels. If your using Denali I will be interested if you get any flicker when the lights are dimmed. Are you going for the D4s?
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

I don't know yet ref the D4's.  I have a customer that supplies normal LED spot lights 12v-72v. so I gave them the specification for the D4's and I will see if they do an equivalent for a lot less. I'll keep you in the loop when they get back to me.

I'm going for the soundbomb but may just trigger that using a relay and the bike wiring from the standard horn, that way I will still have spare channels for something else
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Following this one because I'm interested in the same thing.  I'm torn between the D2 and D4, wondering if the D4 may be a little to chunky to look right.  On the wiring side, Denali's 'Can Smart' thingy has three wires which apparently eliminates flicker, and can come in a kit with all sorts of electric string and stuff for lights and horn for £227.  A bit spendy, but I may just swallow hard and cough up for that one.  There's also the added benefit of programming it with the wonderwheel. Where I'm stuck at the moment is where to mount them.  I think there's a BMW mount for the low down option, but I'm still researching that one.

Before it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I don't, anybody else gone this route?
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

The Denali module is made by Hex Ezcan, under licence to be able to handle 3 wires. The difference between the two modules is, the Denali doesn't allow you to switch the lights off when you indicate. Therefore if you have your lights mounted under the mirrors (Denali have a bracket for this), the lights can wash out the indicators, so I would quite like to switch off the light on the side of the indicator. I waned to mount them high as I already have the BMW aux lights low down.

There is a post on the R1200RT facebook page showing the D4s mounted, they are not that large, and have two spot and two flood lights, so best of both worlds.

Needless to say, I haven't made a decision yet :)
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Well the Hex ezcan has been delivered today so hopefully I will get around around to fitting it one night this week. No additional charges for Vat or import tax so very happy :)

The annoying thing is I ordered a Soundbomb horn from a UK supplier at the same time as the Can from Texas USA and the horn hasn't turned up yet......
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Good result who did you buy the Hex from?
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

It was CycleSector.com and the Soundbomb has just turned up also. it's like xmas
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Just been onto their website, can't see the Hex listed, and its not showing under brands, where have they listed it?
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

I've just PM you a link.