Two Dealerships

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
heathy65

Two Dealerships

Post by heathy65 »

I phoned my local BMW Motorcycle dealership, Blade BMW, based in Rednal, Birmingham, yesterday seeking some technical advice. response was that all the workshop staff were busy and unable to help me. I explained what I needed to know and asked if the person I was speaking to could speak to a mechanic on my behalf to be told they could not.
I then phoned Pidcock BMW in Nottingham, again asking to speak to their workshop staff. The person at the other end asked about my quiery, went and sought the answer and relayed it to me, all very helpfully and efficiently.
You can guess which dealership will be getting my custom in the future, despite the first being 1 mile away and the second 60 miles away.
Oldbrook

Re: Two Dealerships

Post by Oldbrook »

I went in Pidcock myself with a query and they could not have been more helpfull. Top notch dealer mate. Dave
2011 R1200RT Polar metalic
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

I had a problem with my autcom whilst in Pidcocks area. They were extremely helpful and solved the problem. Highly recommend them
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

I have mixed opinions with Pidcocks.
They failed to correctly fit an autocom and radio when I purchased the bike. They tried for 2 days, in the end I took the bike back, got it working and refused to pay the labour, which they accepted. Next was when I had to change the tyres, following a posting from RTman I asked for Metzler 01s. Collected the bike, went to Norfolk (ailing mother visit), home (80miles) and used the bike for about a week. For some reason I looked closer at the tyres, closer that my usual glance and pressuer check. I found that they had fitted the older 08s.
Phoned them and went back. One of the service guys had thecheek to sayv that their tyre supplier had said thatv there was no difference between the 08s and the new 01s (btw I hope i've got the numbers correct).
They agreed to change the tyres but weren't happy that I'd put some miles on them. Does anyone check that the new tyres fitted are the corect ones????
Anyway, I printed out the spec sheet from Metzler and showed it to the service guy and told him to send it to his tyre supplier because he didn't know what he was talking about.
Having said all that, I like Pidcocks, been on a couple of their european tours and met and chatted with Chris & Pat (lovely couple).
Even though they are not local to me (daughter lives within 15miles) I will use them when it suits.
Mark, on the sales team was excellent when I bought the bike.

smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Bought both my RT's from Pidcocks, generally not had many problems, but have found that you have to be persistent .  The main problem for me is the massive turn around of staff!
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

most dealers are not interested in anything other than getting you to buy a brand new bike on finance
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

I've recently returned to Rednal BMW and found them very helpful and obliging. You take as you find and sometimes you either click or clash.