Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

Hi all

First post to say hello to all.

I have recently picked up a 2018 R1200 RT Sport (in Red) having had four RTs previously (and a couple of Multistradas in between).

So far so good, the gearbox is another (small) step forward from the 2016 RT I had previously.  I have mixed opinions about the cut down windscreen, so I might be on the look out for a touring screen.

I also am not a fan of the black engine casing and final drive, it is a bugger to keep clean.

Comms and two-way radio now fitted but still (as of this afternoon) snowbound in Southern England!

I noticed a lot of small changes when fitting the comms units, BMW have changed quite a few of the regulators and control units under the Tupperware since the 2016 model.  Probably part of the value engineering process so I do trust no fall off in the performance of the units.

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Re: Newbie

Post by simbo »

congratulations! on the new bike Mark  8)  and a big welcome to the forum.

ps. I bet you was getting a little worried there?  ??? [size=78%] What with 18 views to your hello post and zero replies! They're a funny bunch on here, Almost like they're lacking a keyboard! Anyway, Welcome again, And here's wishing you many a happy mile on your new pride and joy [/size] :)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

I've seen the RT Sport in red in my local dealer's showroom - a very nice looking bike.  Congratulations !  ;)

My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

Thanks guys, my last two RTs were Ebony so I wanted a new colour.  The 'Sport' name is a bit 'tongue in cheek' as there is no performance gain other than a lower (less protection) screen and a fancy colour scheme.

Still a good bike though and they do hustle if you have a mind to do so.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Got to say, the red looks great, there is an ex demo for sale in Red from Canon BMW, fully loaded, just over 17k if anyone fancies it :)
Taz

Post by Taz »

Welcome and hopefully plenty of miles and smiles.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

whats your issue with the sport screen?    i was wondering how it performed
in my mind you get lots of air flow over you from the chest up..  then when raised the airflow ceases  (not to the extent of the standard screen obviously)
is that just wishful thinking on my part?