Kevlar Jeans

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Kevlar Jeans

Post by michaelc2710 »

Has anyone got any suggestions or their review on which Kevlar jeans to buy. I'm looking into some but to many to choose from, the ones I tried at weekend (Alpinestairs) were a crap fit around the knees and calf's.

michaelc2710
Great Britain

Re: Kevlar Jeans

Post by michaelc2710 »

Alpinestars not Alpinestairs (predictive text) just before anyone pick's up on it  :)
Littlebriar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Littlebriar »

I have the Klim K Fifty 1 jeans. I like them a lot. They are a comfortable fit but they also make a new K Fifty 2 which is more of a "European" (slim) cut. Heavy duty outer material with excellent and adjustable armor inside. Not cheap... In the US they are close to $300.
Steve
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

I tried a few that just didn't feel right, then I found a pair of Bull-it that did fit.
HTH
Nick
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Michael,

I bought a pair of Draggin Jeans which give me confidence in the event of a spill with their decent abrasion resistance. No, they're not cheap, but they fit well and look reasonable on and off the bike. Needless to say, they're no substitute for decent leather trousers on the overall safety stakes, but touring in S Europe heat, I prefer a lighter weight pair of trousers.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

The best I think are Rokker Jeans. Very expensive but I think worth it. Check out the CE slide tests. For more information have a look at Motoledgends website.
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I wear Draggin jeans. They don't offer the same protection as leathers of course, but I would hope they're batter than normal jeans.
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Levisp wrote: The best I think are Rokker Jeans. Very expensive but I think worth it. Check out the CE slide tests. For more information have a look at Motoledgends website.
+1 [emoji106] They really are very good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

thanks everybody for your comments. Definitely given me more brands and pricing to review and try on for comfort and fitment.
guest2383

Post by guest2383 »

I've been using Red Route for the past 2 years and find them excellent as long as it's not forecast for rain.  :eek:
pwbike

Post by pwbike »

Another vote for Draggin, they're not perfect, but they seem to be one of the best and come in a variety of styles.
I have a blue pair of Classic which are about 7 years old and the only issue is the zip not always wanting to stay fully up.
I have a black pair of Twista, which are about 1 year old, they could (and have been) be mistaken for regular slim fit jeans.

There is a weird thing about Draggins though, the change pocket is on the left side, not the right as it is in all other pants.
I queried this and was told it's deliberate, some nonsense about paying tolls, but it makes no sense, it's your clutch hand, so it seems to be less convenient, not more.
Last edited by pwbike on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Sethmopp

Post by Sethmopp »

Hood jeans are good and seem a better price than Draggin jeans. Also have a look at the Roadskin website, they do some impressive seeming jeans at good prices.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Got bull it heritage jeans and find them cool in hot weather and very comfortable. Reasonably price they are AAA rated but plan not to test.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Got myself a pair of JTS Warrior  from here:
https://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/
Well made, comfy & a good price.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
martinh

Post by martinh »

JTS +1