Pheasant 1 RT 0

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Pheasant 1 RT 0

Post by temesvar »

stayingupright wrote: Looks good, but for that money I would expect a bit of gold plating at least!
Gold will not deter savage birds! How about a warranty, if this happens again, it will be in the house?
It would look good in the beemer's community! After all, what are the chances this to happen again?
Just a thought,  :thinking:

Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

After my pheasant experience, a friend of mine bought me a life size hawk decoy.  Still looking for the official BMW mounting bracket because as we know it has to have BMW written on it.  Given the right old kerfuffle with changing bulbs (previously discussed at length here) taking the light out may be the simpler option :)
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Levisp wrote: Got new headlight unit from Chandlers Brighton this afternoon. Bike is back together again. The headlight unit comes with bulbs installed. Here are a few photos. Just waiting for headlight protector.
While you had the headlight unit out you should have popped in 3 LED headlight bulbs.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

bandytales wrote: While you had the headlight unit out you should have popped in 3 LED headlight bulbs.

Too late now but do you have a recommendation for suitable LED bulbs that work with the RT Can-Bus system. Something I may consider later.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Levisp wrote:
Too late now but do you have a recommendation for suitable LED bulbs that work with the RT Can-Bus system. Something I may consider later.

Yes sure. Both Terry and myself have changed and are using these (with great success):
See:
http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/u ... ost1006500
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Nice work, and lots of cleaning done too.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Sullivj wrote: Nice work, and lots of cleaning done too.

Thanks John.