IDIOT AUDI DRIVER

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

IDIOT AUDI DRIVER

Post by Maz12 »

Levisp

Re: IDIOT AUDI DRIVER

Post by Levisp »

I think if it was me I would have pulled over and let him go. Much prefer twats in front than behind. Don't fancy being knocked off.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Your probably right,  although there was a car 100yds in front of me so he wouldn't have got far
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

Probably going to get trashed for saying this:-) but there appeared to be plenty of nearside space for the rider to move over and let the Audi go without being inconvenience...  Regardless car or bike, if someone wants to go faster and I can move over, even if I have to back off a little, I do...  Peter
wethead

Post by wethead »

I don't get it

What was the purpose of that camera angle? Seems contrived to me
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

Peter Baker wrote: Probably going to get trashed for saying this:-) but there appeared to be plenty of nearside space for the rider to move over and let the Audi go without being inconvenience...  Regardless car or bike, if someone wants to go faster and I can move over, even if I have to back off a little, I do...  Peter
I see no reason to get trashed! I would do the same. Especially if on the bike! That is when you are most vulnerable,
let the guy go. You don't lose anything, eventually save your life or other complications.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

wethead wrote: I don't get it
What was the purpose of that camera angle? Seems contrived to me
+1
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

On the face of it does seem to be aggressive, I wonder why you would mount a camera there to record your ride?
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Maz12 wrote: Your probably right,  although there was a car 100yds in front of me so he wouldn't have got far

That doesn't matter. The fact he's in front of you means you can keep an eye on him. Aggressive drivers behind are bloody dangerous on a bike. The problem now a days is you just don't know who they are or what they are on. I look at the Sussex Police traffic website site occasionally to see what they are up to and am always amazed at how many cars are pulled for no insurance, tax, MOT and sometimes no licence ! These folk are often driving fancy cars. They are totally illegal and I'm sure would have no second thoughts to knocking you off if they felt like it. Add these idiots to phone holding, drunk or drug induced drivers and you have a accident waiting to happen.

Maybe in my old age I'm becoming paranoid. :)
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

I'm with the masses on this one - let him go and have his accident with someone else. If you got his plate, post it online with the vid. Some plods have places where you can post these.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

I hate it when we label car drivers as idiots (or worse).  They tolerate us filtering past, and overtaking when we want, but when they want to get past us, we label them idiots or twats! Come on guys, the biker just had to ease over to the left, allow the car through and carry on with his business. Case closed.
We need to be MORE tolerant of each other.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

It looked as if the motorcyclist was deliberately winding up the Audi driver. The rider had several opportunities to return the nearside and should have done so.
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

bandytales wrote:
I hate it when we label car drivers as idiots (or worse).  They tolerate us filtering past, and overtaking when we want, but when they want to get past us, we label them idiots or twats! Come on guys, the biker just had to ease over to the left, allow the car through and carry on with his business. Case closed.
We need to be MORE tolerant of each other.
It doesn't happen often, but this one time i totally agree with you!! :kacsint2:
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

The camera angle doesn't help really,  the cars on the far side of the Audi aren't parked...  They're doing around 60mph,  so 3 abreast on a 2 lane carriageway
The gaps between the cars aren't as big as they look from the camera angle.  At the 2nd roundabout the right lane is for straight ahead.... Left lane for turning left.

Attachments
image.jpeg
wethead

Post by wethead »

You have to be retired to get into this thread.
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.