Garmin Base Camp Issue

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Kenkeni53

Garmin Base Camp Issue

Post by Kenkeni53 »

the last few routes i've tried to create have had the same problem.  once the via points have been added to complete the route, the map displays a straight line between the points and in the information page there are no directions only a list of  via points.  any suggestions.  i've update to the latest versions of both base camp and maps.
Lockon2

Re: Garmin Base Camp Issue

Post by Lockon2 »

Just check it's not set on off road.
julianq

Post by julianq »

Are you doing a route, track or adventure, found when I did tracks or adventures this happened but route was fine. Personally hate the software and use Tyre now.

JQ 2007 R1200RT
Rambler358
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rambler358 »

The straight lines can be fixed by selecting Recalculate from the Route list.
Kenkeni53

Post by Kenkeni53 »

Tried recalculating but no improvement.  Working with the BaseCamp software has always been such a PITA.  Gonna try out the Scenic app over the weekend.  the only issue with it would be the loss of the audio (Sirius XM and iPod) music.  I'll have to send all of the audio through bluetooth straight through my Cardo Q3. 
Lockon2

Post by Lockon2 »

I'm also not a fan of Base Camp and continue  to use Mapsourse for my Garmins and we use RouteConverter to use with other SatNavs on backup phones.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Another one is MyRoute App website. Easy to plan a route with a choice of maps. Easy to send route to Garmin.
pwbike
Been liked: 1 time

Post by pwbike »

Yes, that MyRoute WebApp thing is pretty decent.
But strangely enough I've had a similar thing where the bike isn't on the route and the purple line isn't on the road. Just a direction to ride to the next waypoint.
Maybe something else is causing it, it's just happened lately twice. Was always good before that.
Peter
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Have you done any updates recently?

Usually a straight line route is caused by the activity profile being set to Direct.

Performing a recalc, while the Profile is set to Direct or Off Road will not help.

Best regards
Sleuth
Best regards, Sleuth