The link is not working.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Re: Roads spoiling the riding?

Post by simbo »

We had a run up round the Lake District yesterday and the roads didn't seem too shabby, I think it's only the towns and cities that take the hit with pot holes due to the gritting they get to keep them flowing and open during winter.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

simbo wrote: We had a run up round the Lake District yesterday and the roads didn't seem too shabby, I think it's only the towns and cities that take the hit with pot holes due to the gritting they get to keep them flowing and open during winter.
Think there’s a bit more to it than “gritting” Simbo.
Kingron

Post by Kingron »

150 mm before they will fix it? I just did the conversion. Just shy of 6 inches. Dang! That's not a pothole, that's the start of a canyon. Crazy.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

To make matters worse, I got the regular propaganda through the letterbox saying how good it was that the party that controls our local council (I'll leave them nameless) had once again reduced council tax.  I'd rather pay a bit more if they fixed the *!$**% roads.  We are close to the border with the adjoining council - night and day if I stray across into their domain.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Roads are so bad here in the east midlands that I will not be riding after dark just at the moment.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Old-Git wrote: Roads are so bad here in the east midlands that I will not be riding after dark just at the moment.

Agree with you on that one. Hate riding at night on the best of unlit roads because I can never see far enough. End up going round corners like a newbie. Add potholes into the equation and it makes riding on unlit roads no fun at all.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Yep the night time thing is a concern.  Signed up for the National Road Rally which I've done for many years but having second thoughts about the night section. May go for one of the lesser awards this year.  Shame because doing the dusk-night-dawn thing is usually one of the highlights.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

I'm also spoilt by the lights on my previous bike - '16 multistrada with added spots. Can't really understand why my '16 RT has LEDs all round except the headlight....
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Old-Git wrote: I'm also spoilt by the lights on my previous bike - '16 multistrada with added spots. Can't really understand why my '16 RT has LEDs all round except the headlight....
+1
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Just come back from a short 2 days riding in the Black Forest near Triberg. I had forgotten how perfect the roads are there. Even single track roads through the forests are billiard table smooth. Did not see one pothole. Bloody brilliant. Makes our roads third world !
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Levisp wrote: Just come back from a short 2 days riding in the Black Forest near Triberg. I had forgotten how perfect the roads are there. Even single track roads through the forests are billiard table smooth. Did not see one pothole. Bloody brilliant. Makes our roads third world !

Yes, I was across there last month and agree, the roads were good (and fun).
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Levisp wrote: Just come back from a short 2 days riding in the Black Forest near Triberg. I had forgotten how perfect the roads are there. Even single track roads through the forests are billiard table smooth. Did not see one pothole. Bloody brilliant. Makes our roads third world !
Yep, same in Picos de Europa, superb smooth roads everywhere.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.